New Guitar - Taylor nylon

Started by chapperz66, May 11, 2024, 07:08:47 AM

chapperz66

I have been thinking about getting a good nylon string guitar for some time, and I spotted this black beauty.
So I flashed the credit card.  After all, you can't take it with you.

[imglink]The Taylors.jpgBlack nylon.jpg  [/imglink]

Bluesberry

Yup, I love my nylon string guitar...I play it more than any other guitar....every day practically...love the sound of those...yours looks like a beauty

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

cuthbert

Beautiful. Looks like a relatively narrow fingerboard width compared to other classical guitars?

Congratulations!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

kenny mac

That guitar looks excellent, an excellent addition to your collection.

chapperz66

Quote from: cuthbert on May 11, 2024, 09:07:54 AMBeautiful. Looks like a relatively narrow fingerboard width compared to other classical guitars?

Congratulations!

Yes it is 1 7/8" so not as daunting width wise as traditional classical guitars which suits me.  More of a hybrid..  It probably wouldn't be right for a "proper" classical guitar player though.

Farrell Jackson

I think there's a finger smudge on that black finish, lol! Black finishes are gorgeous but they do show all the smudges in the right light. I have a Black Takamine (steel string) and I'm constantly polishing it. That is a great looking Taylor (both of them) Paul. Does it have a flat fretboard? I look forward to hearing it in a song!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

bruno

I bet it sounds amazing - enjoy.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

chapperz66

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on May 11, 2024, 02:55:53 PMI think there's a finger smudge on that black finish, lol! Black finishes are gorgeous but they do show all the smudges in the right light. I have a Black Takamine (steel string) and I'm constantly polishing it. That is a great looking Taylor (both of them) Paul. Does it have a flat fretboard? I look forward to hearing it in a song!

It does show every finger print - which is not good as I have a poor tendency to rest my right hand little finger on the body.  Terrible habit I know!  The finger board is fairly flat but maybe a slight radius.  25.5 scale length.

ODH

Gorgeous looking guitar. I'm for ever wanting a nylon guitar (thinking it will be like a guitar version of the ukulele), I love the look of it.

Also my acoustic is black.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Blooby

Congrats. Very cool purchase.

Blooby