Please Don't Go - a Tworegs Chapperz song

Started by chapperz66, May 11, 2024, 06:43:14 AM

chapperz66

04 - The Chapman Smith Collective - Please Don't Go
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is a revamp of the first collaboration we did.  In my ignorance I didn't realise that it was a cover of a song.  I just redid the backing based on Mr Smith's version - so it wasn't much like the original or the more famous slightly later version..  But it worked  rather well and we decided to revisit it with Trevor's new lyrics. I added some more strings and mixed it again - I have got a bit better at it over recent years.  I think this is a justified original song now.   

Soundcloud link for a wav quality version:  https://soundcloud.com/chapman-smith-collective/please-dont-go?si=bb6bc9851f254402a5a7331307186a4d&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

Farrell Jackson

The opening organ and guitars sound cool Paul. Trevor's bluesy vocal and lyrics are top notch. The strings are top notch. The lead guitar work is very tone-full and tasty. I got same eye opening revelation hearing the strings here as I did when I first heard strings in the song Brother Louie by Stories in 1973. Great work gentlemen!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Super cool song guys. The intro is like something from a musical. When Trevs vocals come in it's such a treat. Brilliant music all round. I dig the tempo, tone and style. The strings are a great touch.
Brilliant collab guys.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

hardlock

I didn't recognize the title but isn't this the same song as "I Can't Quit You"?

https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?topic=29863.msg35400

If so, I love this mix better by far. Very progressive and powerful. The other more a ballad. Both have there place but this really one really rocks! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

kenny mac

Cool blues tune,the strings are a great addition.
The vocals got attitude.
Love the double guitars.
Excellent lead.
Well done guys.

Ray Brookes

Great collab on this track. Production is first lass, Paul and those strings work so well. Trevor's vocal is perfectly suited to this slow blues kinda number and your guitar work is stunning.
Ray Brookes

StephenM

I heard this a bunch of times already... many... it is I think you guys best tune yet... and that is a very high bar.

so many great things to say...1.  This is like the opposite of Zeps "Baby I'm Leaving You" (hope that is what it was called)... instead it is the pleading of one to stay... this really works for me and has that same impact on the soul as the aforementioned.

2.  The vocal work is yet again beyond superb.

3.  Chapperz guitar solos alone made this a big winner for me.... and worth a hundred listens.  hell yeah man

4.  super clean recording with lots of great details... glad you can still smoke that axe Paul... after some of the photos I saw of your hands a while back this seems like a miracle to me... so I am very happy about this....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

BerryPatch

Awesome track! Wicked vocals from Trevor and the music is super tight, I really dig how it changes in the middle and ups the intensity. Great job!

Pipes

Love the natural compression in your voice..

Great bluesy delivery straight from the heart.

Perfectly played in every department and super production as usual and imaginative use of Instruments

Congratulations chaps :)
Nick

Johnbee

Love Trevor's voice.  The arrangement is top drawer.  Excellent production.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!