More Than You Could Know

Started by StephenM, May 01, 2024, 03:27:19 PM

StephenM

More_Than_You_Could_Know
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is the third song I have written and recorded with a bent toward a big day in our family coming up in mid July... that is the marriage of my nephew David to his love Erica.  David asked me to get some music together for the event and what exactly that means I am not sure.  He actually used the term "commission me" to do it... but I expect and want no compensation at all.  This will be a gift of love only and I think this opportunity, even if almost no one will hear most of these songs is already paying me dividends in my attention to what I am trying to do. 

I mixed this on Bandlab and then did some tweaking in Audacity and mastered with Masterdesk. 

1 acoustic guitar and voice track doubled and panned, one effected... one voice track doubled and panned and effected (including auto tune sort of effect (Bandlab has a TM called Auto pitch and it gets better every time I use it... they have all sorts of selections... like harmony etc... but I didn't want this to be too radical or anything... I am trying to reach the masses at the wedding, you know bring out the tissue box.. lol
honestly most of the time I don't do well with love songs but I do love hearing them... so writing some is a real challenge.

I also have drums and bass for this and I thought it sounded quite good and I may include a mix of that in the thread if I finish it... I don't know.

thanks for any feedback...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

BerryPatch

Wow, a tried and true, earnest love song! Awesome vocals here and I love the straightforward lyrics here. Simply a great little song (and those backing vocals are a great addition)!

thetworegs

Beautiful melody great vocal I'm sure they will love this it's from the heart and the sentiment is  beautiful

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Zoltan

And on this date (1.5.2024) Stephen hit yet another artistic peak.

This is such a hippie song that i almost grew goldilocks just by hearing it.

The way you're using your voice is also highly effective (although i'm hearing autotune. Excuse me while i whirl.. :)

You've drilled deep down into the core of the theme and turned it into a heartfelt COMMERCIAL sounding song.

Top 3 Stephen song for sure.

I don't think the song needs drums and/or bass. By adding those the track could easily turn the 6 into 9. Meaning that it would easily sound like the 90s (!).

And that's all i have to say about that(*

(* a dirty lie. I'm just trying to avoid rambling.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

des0free

Wow, wow, this is really beautiful!  Really well done!  I love it, I think it is one of your best. It kind of shocks me because this is "out of your usual wheelhouse", but shows how much talent you have. This is also like a throwback 70s folk style, which I love!!!
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ray Brookes

Beautiful song, Stephen and the guitars sound great. Another indication of your creative talents.
Ray Brookes

hardlock

A wonderful piece of work. Very enjoyable listen and really liked the mood, feel, vibe with those great harmonies. 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

StephenM

Autotune defo helps and I can spot it instantly on the radio now... gospel to pop to all of em use it...

I like it sometimes for weird madness and sometimes for a little help..

Thanks all for listening and the feedback...
Internet is down here, has been more than 24 hours... i don't know when it will  be back.  I am in the country and they are running fiber optic cable out here and it might mean they are changing over... anyway its hard to just use the phone

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

godinqc

Lovely song .. very good lyrics and vocals, great guitar playing also ..
Its perfect as it is but if you put bass and drums on it, for sure post it so we can hear it ..
Great work
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

Bluesberry

Son of a gun...beautiful song dude.....fantastic vocal

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80