Stop the Cavalry - Jona Lewie cover

Started by ODH, December 19, 2023, 03:25:08 AM

ODH

Stop the Cav
Time:
0:00
Volume:
YuleFest (banner image missing)

It's an odd song, an anti-war protest song that's been a Christmas standard (in the UK at least) for forty years.

This is recorded into GarageBand but with all live tracks, no GB instruments. In fact it's three acoustic guitar tracks with one vocal and some jingle bells.

And making this really got me thinking about the lyrics, the tragedy and misery of conscripted war.

Merry Christmas to all

=oO1
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

SE

Great track one of my fav Christmas songs.
Excellent recording and performance, really sounds authentic, great stuff!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

TPB

not familar with the original but this nicely done
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Pete C

Nicely done Nick.

Have a great Christmas !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

StephenM

why sing about two front teeth for Christmas when one can sing this? 

sweet and such a delight and wonderfully played

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

the physics teacher

A great performance and lovely to listen to.
Have a n8ce one.

Corné
I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

Blooby

I assume I have heard this in movies and such but can't place it. Love the middle eight and what comes after. This was a fun post.

Blooby

Pipes

Hi,

Not odd at all.

This song has a great atmosphere and you captured it very well.

Nice one
Nick

T.C. Elliott

I like your almost whimsical vocal take (maybe that's as much due to the melody as anything.) This is another song I'm not familiar with but I enjoyed listening. As a self described little "L" libertarian, I'm all for antiwar songs. I toyed briefly (just a few seconds) of doing a hard rock version of this one. Luckily, it has passed. I really do like your vocal on this, bare and genuine.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London