Goldeneye (Tina Turner Cover)

Started by StephenM, August 13, 2023, 04:05:37 PM

StephenM

goldeneye
Time:
0:00
Volume:
so.... I have a very fond appreciation of Tina... and the more I listen, the bigger it grows... what a talent!  and may she RIP>>...

perhaps one day I will hear her again... IDK

but this was an epic challenge.  How do I cover something this good and still keep it toward my side of the weird fence? 

I think I managed though...

only 2 drums... kick and hi hat..
one guitar, one bass,
lots of silly Casio keys...

and 1 "vocal" track...

edited in Audacity and Bandlab and mastered with Masterdesk Tru Peak

also I spent way too much time on this and it really needed more but it did produce the necessary laughter in me...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Jean Pierre

WOH ...
Quotethis was an epic challeng
Indeed, it's very brave and unexpected to cover a Tina Turner song like this...and you've done it particularly well, it's amazing...
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Zoltan

This is crazy! And this is the kind of a borderline impossible song to cover yet you somehow managed to do just that!

It's also great to hear you dropping deep into keyboard / synth sounds when needed.

I kinda feel i should stay away from such things... Yet i might go on a electro bender for a while. Hearing this makes me easier to cross that line.

Great and original sounding cover.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Farrell Jackson

Great use of the synths layering Stephen. The haunting backing vocals are mixed perfectly in relation to the lead vocal. You have a very cool, huge sound here!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

kenny mac

Listened to this the other day.
It's a big song.
Sounds in there are good.
You certainly dive right in stephen.
Nice one.

Mike_S

Great to hear you going leftfield and doing something very unexpected. Even saying that seems a bit unfair though as you are one of the most creative people on here. Great song choice, very bravely done and does sound very good indeed.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

des0free

Now that's a mystical soundscape. I don't think I know this song; either that, or to your credit you have taken it to new heights of variation.  Has the patented StephenM funky panned background vocals blurting curious phrases - Check! The keys actually work really well.  Yeah, that works and the mix is good.
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

StephenM

Quote from: des0free on August 27, 2023, 11:56:02 PMNow that's a mystical soundscape. I don't think I know this song; either that, or to your credit you have taken it to new heights of variation.  Has the patented StephenM funky panned background vocals blurting curious phrases - Check! The keys actually work really well.  Yeah, that works and the mix is good.

the crazy thing about this Doug is that I simply copied the one vocal track and placed parts of it in different locations in the track with varied effects and panning.  To me it kind of made it like the characters in the movie talking throughout the song... it's different that is for sure... I think sometimes I try things just to see what might happen...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner