If you don't know me by now...

Started by Ted, June 25, 2009, 03:58:33 PM

launched

Hey Ted - A belated welcome to your belated Intro.

Never been to Arizona, but I've never been to Bablyonia, either...

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Ted

Quote from: Sprocket on June 25, 2009, 05:20:46 PMI bet the conversation went something like: "Well we couldnt do much worse, right?"  :D
No offense if you are a huge fan or anything. 

I am a huge fan of the Sex Pistols!  But I admit that you could be right.  When I was a teen, I attended a disastrous punk show in Phoenix and thought much the same thing.

Quote from: Geir on June 26, 2009, 03:54:52 AMWell Ted, you sure have an interesting musical background, and have already made an impression on this humble society.

Thanks!  And especially, Thanks for steering the conversation away from Simply Red!

Quote from: Greeny on June 26, 2009, 04:51:07 AMI'm still waiting to run into Pete Townshend - he lives a couple of mins from my girlfriend. She's seen him - and got him to sign a book for me. I'm not sure what I'd say. I mean, he's PETE TOWNSHEND!

I ran into Robert Fripp once.  It was right before a King Crimson concert in 1981, at Gammage Auditorium (designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, named after Grady Gammage, and known for its crappy acoustics).  As I wandered around the foyer before the show, there was Fripp, about four feet from me, admiring the large bronze bust of Grady Gammage, and unnoticed by anyone else.  He looked at me briefly and smiled.  My mind raced: Do I fawn, or do I leave him be?  I decided to leave him be.  I like to think that he remembers that moment always, and appreciates my restraint.

Quote from: guitarron on June 26, 2009, 07:00:09 AMi stopped in flagstaff to eat on my way to the Grand Canyon- that is a very beautiful part our country
 enjoyed Oak Creek Canyon too-my girlfriend was freakin' out while driving thru the canyon"your too close to the edge" lol
we still laugh about that

If you can survive the drive down Oak Creek Canyon, there's a quite a hippie music scene in Sedona.

Flagstaff is a great town for music.  Being on I-40, we get a lot of bands coming from or going to LA, who might not otherwise come to a town this size.  I have fallen in with a bunch of singer-songwriter guitar geek types, who talk incessantly about guitars, guitar making, and manicures for finger picking.  But they have little use for a bass player.  I don't know a single drummer.

Quote from: launched on June 26, 2009, 07:44:12 AMNever been to Arizona, but I've never been to Bablyonia, either...

As Sprocket learned, I'm a little slow with the jokes, but I get it!  "Born in Arizona. Moved to Babylonia.  King Tut."

(I wouldn't recommend Babylonia right now.)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ferryman

Hey Ted, I was in a prog punk band in the 1970s, and we have just reformed altho we are more prog than punk now. Two of my biggest fave bands of all time are King Crimson and Magazine, good to see them on your list. John McGeoch was one of my favourite guitarists of all time (I'm a great PIL fan as well).

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

Quote from: Ferryman_1957 on June 26, 2009, 03:45:41 PMHey Ted, I was in a prog punk band in the 1970s, and we have just reformed altho we are more prog than punk now.

If The Nutrients were to reform, I'd guess we'd be more punk that prog.  I daydream about it sometimes; I'll write a song, and think, Now that would be a Nutrients song.

You might want to check this out:

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Kody

Ted, you are one cool dude in my book, man....You joined the Peace Corps and served in Africa?!  That explains the YouTube videos.  I didn't know if that was you or not~ Was that you joking around with an African man at a Frozen Fish store?  Either way, you have a whole lot of my respect!!  I've been meaning post something here, but I thought it would take hours, so I've been putting it off LOL!  I guess that's all I have to say for now~ 8) Glad you're here!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Kody

Whoa, and you lived in D.C. for 10 years?!  I'm a life-long Skins fan!!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

assassin

hI TOM , you sound well cool to me -- live in FLAGSTAFF !  rite near the canyon!
I was ment to go there back in the day, but could not afford the plane fair
from L.A.
Good choise for music toooo.

ASSASSIN-------------------LONDON, ENGLAND

Ted

Quote from: Kody on June 27, 2009, 12:24:21 AMWas that you joking around with an African man at a Frozen Fish store?

Yep.  This is me 15 years ago:

I have less hair, no beard, and I wear contacts now.  (And I'm 15 years older.)

Gregory is still one of my best friends.  He made his first trip across the Atlantic last year to be at my wedding.  I had a great time with him--and he was a big hit at the reception. He's a freakin' ham.  (I uploaded this video so other wedding guests could get to know him before they met him.)

I have some other videos of Cameroonian music that I've never converted.  If there's a demand, I can put in the time.

Quote from: Kody on June 27, 2009, 12:38:50 AMWhoa, and you lived in D.C. for 10 years?!  I'm a life-long Skins fan!!!

I suppose I'll lose some cool points for this, but I'm not a big football fan.  Never went to a single Redskins game the whole time I was there.  Will I redeem myself a little for having been to a few DC United, and Washington Freedom games.  I saw Mia Hamm play a bunch of times.  And I made it to one Washington Nationals game before I moved to AZ

Quote from: assassin on June 27, 2009, 01:59:48 AMlive in FLAGSTAFF !  rite near the canyon!
I was ment to go there back in the day, but could not afford the plane fair
from L.A.

The canyon is still here.  Come on back.  Just don't assassinate anyone, okay?
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

guitarron

Quote from: Ted on June 26, 2009, 10:57:03 AM
Quote from: guitarron on June 26, 2009, 07:00:09 AMi stopped in flagstaff to eat on my way to the Grand Canyon- that is a very beautiful part our country
 enjoyed Oak Creek Canyon too-my girlfriend was freakin' out while driving thru the canyon"your too close to the edge" lol
we still laugh about that

If you can survive the drive down Oak Creek Canyon, there's a quite a hippie music scene in Sedona.

spent new years in sedona on the way back to the phoenix area

stopped in jerome too, lots of hippies there too

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

Quote from: Ted on June 26, 2009, 03:59:47 PMYou might want to check this out:

:o :o :o :o :o 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

One of my all time fave bands. I am sooooo jealous you have this memorabilia. All I have are my actual memories of seeing them live, and they're fading fast.... :D

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR