John Denver's "Leaving on a jet plane" played by Vincent sung by Corné

Started by the physics teacher, June 14, 2023, 01:48:12 AM

the physics teacher

take 4-vincent-corne-john denver leaving on a jetplain
Time:
0:00
Volume:
In seeking collaboration I have found a young Collegue "Vincent" who was kind enough to play the guitar for me, because he has a verry steady strumming wich I am jelous of.
I did the singing part and some extra rithme with my Cajon.
Its funny how talking to your collegues reveals other talents they and I seemed to have.

This number was still on the charts when I was in love so I remember it wel.
Did it work out you might ask... no I married here and still am :-)

Corné

I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

StephenM

Its a lovely rendition sir!  Nice playing and singing... the vocals are a bit distant so that makes this kind of dreamy, which works for me...

there are many ways to mix and each producer has their ways and some are certain their way is correct.  For me though the mixing and producing aspect of the recording and song process are every bit as part of the art as the song itself...

This is an example because the way you mix the vocals in this makes this a very different feel to this song.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

the physics teacher

Thanks for the comment Stephen spot on. The guitarist Vincent and I actualy discussed my voice being not loud enough mixed.
I'll keep your comment in mind I f8nd it verry usefull.

Corné de Boer
I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

Mike_S

Nice performance Corné, lovely tune. Yes I would like to here those vocals a bit more clearly because they sound good. Great guitar too.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand