Pink Floyd's "Grandchester Meadows

Started by the physics teacher, May 03, 2023, 06:42:12 AM

the physics teacher

grandchester meadows
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Because I am not that good a guitarplayer I recorded one verse and refrein on my Micro-BR-80 and did some cutting,copying and pasting in Audacity. Then I had to figure out how to get rid of the latency from my usb mic in order tot record my voice in audacity.
So this is the result
I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

StephenM

I love Floyd and I have heard much of their music but never this one... I really like this... you sound great on this... no reason to point out any of what you perceive as deficiencies really... the guitar sounds great on this... well played...

love your vocals though alot... very lovely and no wavering ... solid...

the string noise that comes once in a while reminds me of a soft and gentle porch swing... really fits the song...

I liked Physics in HS and actually studied low level nuclear physics in the Navy... I like to write songs using some of the terms I knew mixed with concepts of personal relationships... I have a very weird one called "Resonance Escape Improbability"... https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?msg=371934

in case you would care to hear this... it is quite odd though... as a warning... I have a live version I play at open mics... it goes quite well.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

the physics teacher

Thank you so much for your kind comment. I enjoyed your psychedelic physics song you probably now this song then https://youtu.be/t04Xb2njcHk

Quote from: the physics teacher on May 03, 2023, 06:42:12 AMBecause I am not that good a guitarplayer I recorded one verse and refrein on my Micro-BR-80 and did some cutting,copying and pasting in Audacity. Then I had to figure out how to get rid of the latency from my usb mic in order tot record my voice in audacity.
So this is the result

I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

Jean Pierre

Well here is a pink floyd song that I didn't know

So of course I listened on you tube the version of PF it must be an old song because David Gilmour looked very young, with a lot of hair on his head ;D

Anyway you made it well as it's quite modal musically and there is room, with your permission, I will try to add a little lap steel guitar with soaring sounds ;)

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

the physics teacher

No problem Jean Pierre I am curious what you you are going to add.

Quote from: Jean Pierre on May 03, 2023, 11:25:18 PMWell here is a pink floyd song that I didn't know

So of course I listened on you tube the version of PF it must be an old song because David Gilmour looked very young, with a lot of hair on his head ;D

Anyway you made it well as it's quite modal musically and there is room, with your permission, I will try to add a little lap steel guitar with soaring sounds ;)

Jean Pierre

GRANDCHESTER-002
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I jammed on your cover this afternoon

finally, i added an extra guitar as a counter vocal, like on the PF song

and then a bit of Weissenborn

ah yes I also invited some birds from France ;D ;D

0:00 Blackbird
0:39 House robin
1:14 Nightingale
1:57 Music thrush 
2:31 Black-capped Warbler
2:56 Three-toed warbler
3:25 Song Lark
3:56 White-fronted Redstart
4:30 Garden Warbler
5:01 Blackbird
5:28 Common Thrush
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Mike_S

This is great. i didn't know this one. It gives me a real vibe of Syd Barrett although reading on Wikipedia he had nothing to do with it. Maybe his style got absorbed by Gilmour and Waters? But in any case this is a pretty heavy experience and you have created the early Floyd sound really well.

(No need to explain the editing/cut and paste of guitar bits and pieces - to me anyhow. Have been guilty of that myself).

Anyway great stuff.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

Awesomeness...sounds really great....nice job......

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

Nice one Corne. I thought this was written by Syd Barret but surprised to find it was a roger waters song.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

T.C. Elliott

I like this song and I like your version. You've managed to keep that sparse feel of the original while making it your own.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London