The Kettle and the Pot

Started by Vanncad, June 24, 2009, 10:28:09 AM

Vanncad

TheKettleAndThePot
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I know we have a lot of people from different countries on this board so I will explain the title of this song.

In Canada there is a saying that goes "Well ain't that the Pot calling the Kettle black".
This basically means "don't point your finger at someone else if you are no different".

This song basically wrote itself.
I had two friends with some serious drug problems. One confided in me that he thought the other guy needed help, but he didn't feel that he could talk to him because he was in just as bad shape.

Sometimes the Kettle and the Pot need to get together for the benefit of both. Utensil friends have a part in the solution as well.

Anyways, it's a  country-jammer ala the Rolling Stones "Far Away Eyes"

Hope you like it.

- Vann
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Rolow

Your versatility is showing!  Good song and well recorded.  I liked your parody/covers of ZZ and the Beatles too, but this shows a lot of range, as well as skill.  Keep 'em comin'. ;D
Let it be known, there is a fountain, that was not made, by the hands of men.

Ted

Quote from: Vanncad on June 24, 2009, 10:28:09 AMSometimes the Kettle and the Pot need to get together for the benefit of both. Utensil friends have a part in the solution as well.

I think this is the premise of Alcoholics Anonymous and all of its 12-step spin offs.

Great song!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Bluesberry

Hey, I just checked this one out.  Thats a great country (alt.country) song.  Your voice on this one reminds me of Jeff Tweedy from Uncle Tupelo days.  This is fantastic, so full of emotion, so well written and performed.  I am impressed with this one for sure.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Vanncad

Hey thanks BB,

You must have ESP, cause I was just checking out your "Everyday Hero". Your voice and vocal style remind me of Randy Bachman. Good work!

I used to be in a hair band, then in a semi-grunge band so this tune was quite a change for me. I posted it in the collabs section hoping someone could throw a fiddle or a steel geetar on it.

Thanks for the reply.

- Vann
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

guitarron

how'd i miss this-this is really good-definitely needs the whole country treatment
great content

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Satchwood

Cool tune and great singing!!  Your voice sounds really good here!!  Nice dancin rhythm & clean lead - great work!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

OsCKilO

Vann.....

This is Awesome!

Lyrics are sublime!

First time I've listened to your stuff.....

I can truely say that I am a fan!

Peace Bro

T(Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Ferryman_1957

What? I just came from listening to That's Alright to this. What versatility! Very clever, well played and like the intention of the song (can't hear well enough to make out the lyrics). Will have to spend more time over in this forum as well, there's great stuff being produced here.

Cheers,

Nigel

Oldrottenhead

im glad this one got bumped i missed it,  great vox. lyrics the whole package. deffo reminds me of uncle tupelo which is no bad thing at all. great post.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann