And some vox harmony the first chorus.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Dmann

Wow it's pretty cool how much the bass fills in the entire mix. Nice job! My email is Dwaynemills(at)shaw.ca

I only had a few moments so not much time until the weekend to really listen to it, but 1st impressions was that it might be better to start the bass line in unison with the drums or even with the 1st verse, what do ya think?

For some reason the bass line sounded better in mix with the take with your Vox harmony to me... again i only listened to each post once so maybe it was just because I knew it would be there hehe.

I like where your going with the harmony, but I'm not sure it fits the mood of the song. I'll have to listen to it a few times. Please don't take offence, i'm just typing my thoughts, and I really appreciate you spending the time on this with me :)

Dmann

Quote from: oldrottenhead on June 24, 2009, 02:38:48 AMgreat song, love the violin, the production and mix is crystal clear and your singing is great with lots of expression and emotion, a dark subject matter tho, very heavy, hope its not where you are personally.

Thanks !

While I'm not depressed or suicidal or anything, This song really is how I felt about life at one point in time hehe. Thanks to my awesome girlfriend and our kids though, I've learned a great deal about love and life in the last 17 years, and they continue to teach me on a daily basis. :)

Glenn Mitchell

I sent you the bass track.
I would have liked to have done a higher harmony for the mood too but couldn't reach over your upper notes. Lol.
I agree the bass might better start later. You will be able to do that with the track I sent of course.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks