People are strange Jim Morrisson Cover

Started by Jean Pierre, November 11, 2022, 08:26:22 AM

Jean Pierre

PEOPLE ARE STANGE render MP3-001
Time:
0:00
Volume:
When she was younger my daughter loved Jim Morrisson, personally I liked him a little bit, but after a little detour in Brazilian, Venezuelan, French and Irish music, I wanted to go back to rock

...and as always, by chance, I found this Doors song on YT, which is quite easy to understand

I added a little guitar telecaster and don't ask me if I like the reverse effect :D

For the record Jim Morrison is buried in Paris, in the Pere Lachaise cemetery
..and I have two posters in my attic home studio of THE DOORS and Bob Dylan

Ah oui basse piano drums par les gars de BIAB

Also...when I do a cover on SC, I always look in the archives if it was done by a member of the community and strangely there was only one cover, in 2011 by ODH (excellent by the way and that I recommend you to listen to) ;)
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Zoltan

This has a lot of character and vibe! Cool additions and changes to the original. Well done JP!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Rene Asologuitar

This version is so cool.
Love the guitar solo, and the vocals!!!
Great to know about Jim Morrison's resting place in Paris.
Great cover, Jean!!!
Rene

StephenM

I was quite surprised you did this JP..

big smile on my face here... it's a strange song, the Doors were a strange band.  Somehow you have managed to move this to a not so strange place...
very cool recording JP

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ted

Quote from: Jean Pierre on November 11, 2022, 08:26:22 AMAh oui basse piano drums par les gars de BIAB

☝️ That was very unexpected. The start-and-stop groove, the swells, the backwards effect, the whole package – all very cool.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Mike_S

Think you did a great job here JP, I know the song but didn't realise it was the doors. Some great singing here and lovely guitar - nice tone too!

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand