Main Menu

Ode to Gravy

Started by Hilary, October 30, 2022, 05:18:35 AM

SE

Short and sweet, but you are a great lyricist, one of the best on here, cool stuff!
recorder
Boss BR-80

chapperz66

Brilliant Hilary  - and so true. But it has to be good gravy.

So good to hear a new song from you.

Paul

des0free

Quite amusing!  And has a nice spontaneous presentation.  Love the spoken word parts too.  The idea of making a song about silly topics - yet arguably less silly than another "silly love song" - such as this reminds me of "They might be giants"
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Zoltan

Looks like Krampus ate my comments.

That vocals & uke combo is so perfect. Your knack at approaching mundane things and turning them into catchy songs is par none!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

cuthbert

Good Gravy! I loved it!

(and a nice little tip of the hat to The Commodores)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Ted

Quote from: cuthbert on November 16, 2022, 12:16:03 PMnice little tip of the hat to The Commodores

Quote from: Lionel RichieOnce, twice, three times for gravy, and I looooove you.

This site could use a bit more spontaneity like this. I mean, we have some, but we can use more of it – counterweights to the serious pro-quality productions that intimidate some of us from just sharing what we do when nobody is listening.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Bishmanrock

I love this track. In one of my first jobs people used to argue until blue in the face at the local café when ordering pie and beans whether gravy should be added. My partner still looks at me with horror when I have mushy peas and gravy. It pains me to know that someone, somewhere, probably eats their Sunday dinner without gravy, which to me is akin to trying to devour the desert. There's isn't an untrue word on this track, and I feel vindicated by it. Excellent playing.

Also now I'm hungry.

Quote from: Ted on November 22, 2022, 08:49:36 AMThis site could use a bit more spontaneity like this. I mean, we have some, but we can use more of it – counterweights to the serious pro-quality productions that intimidate some of us from just sharing what we do when nobody is listening.

Agree, always love it when I see Hilary's contributions pop up, they're always so full of personality, and I love the little breaks and spoken sections. The world wouldn't hurt to have more, and I'd nope nobody feels too intimidated to share.

That aside, I always find it interesting how revered gravy is, but soon as you mention necking a pint of Bovril, half a village are chasing you with pitchforks.

recorder
Cubase