"Now That's Calm" by Mike Huntingford

Started by Mike Huntingford, October 22, 2022, 05:37:04 PM

Mike Huntingford

Quote from: StephenM on October 24, 2022, 09:23:29 AMSpectrasonic Omnispere?  well, lol, that is a very interesting description or name for the software.  It would be cool to have a job where you name things for marketing.  This reminds me of some of those lip stick colors that when you pick up some lip stick at WalMart or whatever because you are out with the wife and she is checking various things out in that area and so you pick up some lipstick and read the color and go "What the??" 
Then the light comes on and you realize there are creative people coming up with interesting and creative descriptors to name and market things.  So this name that is on the software sounds that same kind of interesting.  Some would find it very interesting, others, not so much.  For whatever reason I do find it interesting.

This software synth is fantastic, you can layer sounds, each with arps, and sound design.  Here's a video on some of the guitar sounds found in Omnisphere 2.6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEJsc_FeLIo skip to time hack 18:34 for the jazz guitar

Enjoy,

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

Ray Brookes

Spectrasonic Omnispere? Had me fooled; I thought it was a real guitar but what would I know. Spectrasonic Omnispere - is it weaponised? Sounds like something the Klingons would use in Star Trek. Whatever, great sound and you've used it well.
Ray Brookes

StephenM

Quote from: Mike Huntingford on October 24, 2022, 12:00:09 PM
Quote from: StephenM on October 24, 2022, 09:23:29 AMSpectrasonic Omnispere?  well, lol, that is a very interesting description or name for the software.  It would be cool to have a job where you name things for marketing.  This reminds me of some of those lip stick colors that when you pick up some lip stick at WalMart or whatever because you are out with the wife and she is checking various things out in that area and so you pick up some lipstick and read the color and go "What the??" 
Then the light comes on and you realize there are creative people coming up with interesting and creative descriptors to name and market things.  So this name that is on the software sounds that same kind of interesting.  Some would find it very interesting, others, not so much.  For whatever reason I do find it interesting.

This software synth is fantastic, you can layer sounds, each with arps, and sound design.  Here's a video on some of the guitar sounds found in Omnisphere 2.6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEJsc_FeLIo skip to time hack 18:34 for the jazz guitar

Enjoy,

Mike

yes, very cool and intriguing Mike.  I could see something like this in my future!  lol... another great rabbit hole!  Might bring out the Jack Russell in me!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Mike Huntingford

Quote from: StephenM on October 25, 2022, 05:35:15 AM
Quote from: Mike Huntingford on October 24, 2022, 12:00:09 PM

Enjoy,

Mike

yes, very cool and intriguing Mike.  I could see something like this in my future!  lol... another great rabbit hole!  Might bring out the Jack Russell in me!

Do it. This synth is incredible and is definitely a creativity magnet.

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper