Dream On by Oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, October 09, 2022, 01:34:37 PM

thetworegs

Excellent spacey backer sets the scene for the emotional delivery of the heart felt lyrics pleased your back in the songwriting saddle keep them coming

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Bishmanrock

Excellent delivery over a great dreamy vibe mix, the lyrics and tone work so well together, great stuff!

recorder
Cubase

Mike_S

Great to hear a new one from you, this is beautiful. It really hits home, those layers of synth bury themselves under the skin. Great tune... downloading for future listens.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Hook

Powerful tune brother, I dig it. Very floaty and memorizing.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Zoltan

Came for the second dips (well actually it would be fourth, but who's counting...) and turns out i haven't commented this one yet.

A great powerful yet understated performance. The vocals are kinda soft, but there's strenght to them that's lying under the surface. It's in the lyrics and in the gentle yet powerful way the vocals are sung.

The musical ideas are interesting and i really like the way the backing is constantly evolving. Building and changing like a cloud.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Johnbee

Kinda reminds me of Lennon's "Tomorrow Never Knows" with the deep lyrical content and the single chord running throughout.  Interesting piece of work.

:) John B

Oldrottenhead

QuoteDream on. Now that's advice a desperate soul can use. Imagine the future, with you in it, fulfilling a meaningful purpose: your dream.
Cheers Ted, even tho I didn't realise it, that's exactly what i meant  ;)
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann