A joke on many levels! I didn't even think about that ;D too funny

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Satchwood

Can you imagine the "doobie brothers" doin prune juice....and makin records....yeh baby!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

SdC

Quote from: Satchwood on October 07, 2009, 11:11:41 PMCan you imagine the "doobie brothers" doin prune juice....and makin records....yeh baby!!
That would come out as Moody Blues

recorder
Boss BR-600

Vanncad

QuoteCan you imagine the "doobie brothers" doin prune juice....and makin records....yeh baby!!

.. or "Muddy Waters"  :P
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

launched

Quote from: Vanncad on October 08, 2009, 04:32:39 AM
QuoteCan you imagine the "doobie brothers" doin prune juice....and makin records....yeh baby!!

.. or "Muddy Waters"  :P

You said "Doobie" Satch!!!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Saijinn Maas

I "doodle" over backing tracks just playing whatever pops into my head. If I find a good riff, I settle on a tempo and record it. I have many recording of nothing but a simple riff just waiting for me to do something with.

I keep doing this until one of riff becomes something more. A progression into a chorus or bridge or something. I don't like to force it, and prefer it to be natural.

So, once I have a progression down, I record the whole rhythm to a basic beat at a tempo I like depending on what feel I "feel".

At this point, I decide whether any melody I hear is vocal or instrumental. Either way, once the rhythm is down, I record the bass.

If instrumental, I have a tendency to record myself improvising over the rhythm. I usually do this over and over until a cohesive "phrase" for the melody reveals itself.

If I am going with vocals, I record myself humming the melody over the rhythm, making sure I sing any words that pop into my head. At this point it doesn't matter if any lyrics in verse one, relate or make ANY sense with the word in chorus two. It's just to get an idea of what the song is about.

Once the melody is recorded, I sit at my computer with the headphones on listening to the recording over and over. I write down the number of syllables in each phrase based on the melody I recorded earlier. Then I write lyrics based on any of the phrases that may have hit home during the recording of the melody.

Once the vocals are in, I record a guitar solo (usually just improvised).
*Side note: Improvising is great! I think you tend to get a better feel and dynamic with improv that I seem to lack when I try to write a solo specifically. The only problem I have with this, is that when I need to play the song again, I actually have to learn how to to play my own song :/ This is compounded even more when doing a full instrumental, because I usually do the lead improvised too.

Now I mix and master. I have started to use three different set-ups when mixing. First is with headphones, second is a logitech dual monitor with floor bass system, then finally using my car's stereo system for final. If everything is good, I export and done.

Glenn Mitchell

This is a very logical procedure. I bet it works very well. Thanks for that.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Saijinn Maas

I should add that although I make note of the number of syllables per line, I don't adhere to it 100%. Sometimes it is necessary to extend the line fit the lyrics rather than the other way around. You'll notice that certain words lend themselves to be easily rolled off at twice the speed in order to "fit", while other words... not so much.

If I find I am having issues with making a lyric fit, and I MUST keep the lyric as is, I have the rhythm of the melody to fit. I find this similar to phrasing when playing guitar.

OsCKilO

Invest in a hangover the night before......

Music flows better when you are feeling sorry for yourself.......

And your tolerence to bad sounds is lower in that state, so you wont keep them in the tune....

Guiness hang over's are the best for this......

Muddy waters does come in to play at some point during the day though.... :-[
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy