Hanging around your apple tree (ultra rough demo)

Started by Zoltan, July 27, 2022, 01:25:21 PM

Zoltan

Hanging around your apple tree (rough demo)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I got this new crayon and although it's just one color and meant to be used sparingly... I had to try it out for everything. That crayon being the JHS Crayon pedal (i was going for colorbox, but i found a bargain :)).

Everything except vocals + drums in this track were recorded thru that pedal, and although i can say i appreciate the sounds i get from it... It wasn't the best choice for all of these tracks, and especially when done in this way.

The song idea is something that's a work in progress. I had the idea, but unfortunately i trusted my memory with the lyrics, and off they went.

All of the performances are rough sketches and done with broad crayon strokes :D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

des0free

Enjoyed this very much.  The guitar sound is so analog and organic I could have sworn you plugged your guitar into a Neve console with the gain cranked to achieve that sound (actually the description is stolen from the pedal advertisement  ;D ).  In all seriousness this is a great guitar sound and the composition and overall mix is great.  There is some kind of interesting "depth" to the mix that I have no idea how you achieved, but it sounds very pro.  By the way, can you post the lyrics?  What you count as "ultra rough" is what the rest of us strive for in theory, but can never seem to attain.... ;D

recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

hardlock

Demo? Sounds complete and polished to me. Dig it! Beat change at the end is cool also! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Pete C

Rough ?  I think this sounds great..the guitar tones are perfect for the song. I really like this !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Rene Asologuitar

Quote from: Zoltan on July 27, 2022, 01:25:21 PMI got this new crayon and although it's just one color and meant to be used sparingly... I had to try it out for everything. That crayon being the JHS Crayon pedal (i was going for colorbox, but i found a bargain :)).
Very nice sound coming out of this pedal.
Vocals is recorded very well, very clear, and the mix is done perfectly.
Rough demo, and sounds really good.
Excited to hear the final cut.
Great pedal.
Rene

thetworegs

Rough ? You should listen to some of mine ...this sounds great

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

SE

We'll done Zoltan this is right up my street love the guitars  and vocals, what a great  listen terrific  stuff!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Ray Brookes

Oh yeah, a great raw rocking track and that processed guitar sounds stellar. Also love the sound of that snare. This is a rough demo? Jeez, sounds pretty damn good to my ears.
Ray Brookes

StephenM

Quote from: des0free on July 28, 2022, 12:28:06 AMEnjoyed this very much.  The guitar sound is so analog and organic I could have sworn you plugged your guitar into a Neve console with the gain cranked to achieve that sound (actually the description is stolen from the pedal advertisement  ;D ).  In all seriousness this is a great guitar sound and the composition and overall mix is great.  There is some kind of interesting "depth" to the mix that I have no idea how you achieved, but it sounds very pro.  By the way, can you post the lyrics?  What you count as "ultra rough" is what the rest of us strive for in theory, but can never seem to attain.... ;D

yeah.... Haha...must be nice to whip up a demo like this.  That crayon and guitar sounds very foreigner....I love it

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

Btw...I like rough lumber and rugged structures.  Raw rock is best for me....and this is raw.... guitar kicks ass

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner