A House Divided

Started by StephenM, July 20, 2022, 11:07:16 AM

StephenM

LANDR-A House Divided-Balanced-Medium
Time:
0:00
Volume:

.essentially LITR just a single stereo track with voice and acoustic guitar on the zoom R24 one evening recent on sisters camp house porch,.....has stereo effect called synthesizer from the zoom which makes it sound like organ and another voice. 
playing live alot lately at parties, open mics, and on the streets is making me process quicker and improving my timing etc.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ray Brookes

Always love these acoustic numbers you present, Steve. Great folk vibe and excellent lyrics; interesting stereo effect on the track too creating that ghostly second voice.
Ray Brookes

Rene Asologuitar

Hi Stephen,
I am so glad to hear about your gigs, and your improvements.
Cool effect on the zoom.
Very nice recording.
Rene

Ron D Bowes

Cool folk number. Well written lyric and performed well. Neil young vibe.

Zoltan

Playing live and getting out there is really paying off. It might not yet pay the bills, but it's really refining your (mutton)chops.

This sounds like a totally different Stephen here. If i didn't know any better i might start to worry, and wonder that perhaps the aliens have kidnapped the real Stephen and substituted him with something that sounds slightly "ghostly". That synthesizer patch really works magic, and i think the way you're really using all kinds of weird sounds / things found on those "boxes" is really inspired. Most people would have just clicked the patch, go "yuck" and be done with it. I'm probably talking about myself here :)

The way you've got the sound together here really works for the song. I couldn't just listen to it once. I had to have rerun immediately. This is the kind of show we enjoy here on earth. I'm still not 100% sure if i'm talking about the real S, or the rubbery goosenecked copycat alien version, but i think we'll take this one. It sounds like a good one. Even the lyrics are good so if the mind was erased, and filled with all kinds of new memories and thoughts they're keepers.

Maybe if i'll start drawing blanks i could be substituted too. Now that's a thought. Could you give a good word to those alien friends of yours?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

hardlock

Great protest song! So are you saying that your sister isn't singing a backing track with you and that's just an effect? If so, too cool and well done either way! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

StephenM

Quote from: hardlock on July 24, 2022, 03:56:18 PMGreat protest song! So are you saying that your sister isn't singing a backing track with you and that's just an effect? If so, too cool and well done either way! 8)

Yup...just an effect... crazy huh?

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

StephenM

Quote from: Zoltan on July 24, 2022, 05:43:46 AMPlaying live and getting out there is really paying off. It might not yet pay the bills, but it's really refining your (mutton)chops.

This sounds like a totally different Stephen here. If i didn't know any better i might start to worry, and wonder that perhaps the aliens have kidnapped the real Stephen and substituted him with something that sounds slightly "ghostly". That synthesizer patch really works magic, and i think the way you're really using all kinds of weird sounds / things found on those "boxes" is really inspired. Most people would have just clicked the patch, go "yuck" and be done with it. I'm probably talking about myself here :)

The way you've got the sound together here really works for the song. I couldn't just listen to it once. I had to have rerun immediately. This is the kind of show we enjoy here on earth. I'm still not 100% sure if i'm talking about the real S, or the rubbery goosenecked copycat alien version, but i think we'll take this one. It sounds like a good one. Even the lyrics are good so if the mind was erased, and filled with all kinds of new memories and thoughts they're keepers.

Maybe if i'll start drawing blanks i could be substituted too. Now that's a thought. Could you give a good word to those alien friends of yours?

Just reading your comments is fun...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

danthecoat

Love your music Stephen. Its always different and gets my ears.

Another cool track with another angle to it and thats what i like about your songs. As soon as the song starts you just know you are in for a treat.

Nice one mate  8)

ODH

Great confident performance and I love the sound of that guitar.

Cracking song.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter