Started by Jean Pierre, July 10, 2022, 01:53:48 AM

Jean Pierre

a WHITER SHADE OF PALE
Time:
0:00
Volume:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=181XLmHQne4

New verse for reloded video on YT

Musically, the organ phrase of the song is inspired by two pieces of Johann Sebastian Bach, the sinfonia in F major from the cantata Ich steh mit einem Fuß im Grabe (BWV 156)3 and the Orchestral Suite No. 3 in D major (BWV 1068), but contrary to a widespread belief, it is not a note for note reworking of Bach4.

for the video I used several shades of pale and psychedelic colors ( ...whiter shade of pale ), in 1967 we were in full psychedelic period 😉

the backtrack (organ,basss, drums, guitar) is made with BIAB

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Zoltan

Leave it to JP to show how it's done! Dobro is beautiful instrument in the right hands. Such a moody performance. The clever tricks with color grading were also a master stroke!

Color me refreshed!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

TPB

A very nice song to celebrate for your birthday caught myself singing along
Nice
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Jean Pierre

thank you guys
QuoteA very nice song to celebrate for your birthday
:)
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

alfstone

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Rene Asologuitar

Hi Jean,
Bravo, indeed!
Your playing is so lovely, very emotional.
You are simply oozing with talent and musicality!
This version is a true gem, and it showcases your musical ability and mastery.
Rene

Ted

This very nice. Slide-tastic like Johnny Robobo's version – but your dobro us up front (where it belongs). You should upload the MP3 to the original post so this will be in your jukebox.

P.S. If you no longer have the MP3, I have ways of getting one off of YouTube.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Jean Pierre

Thank you Ted it's fixed ...I recharged the MP3

and thank you for listening... I love the sound of the Dobro (for once it is not a copy ;D , it is a real Dobro from Dobro Cie ;)

AndyR

Wooo. Love this version.

I found out years ago that it lends itself to slide playing... but I cannot play it like this. Love your playing on this.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Jean Pierre

Thanks Andy

yes but for it to be good in solo like that, you have to treat the sound after the recording with VST plug ins equalizer, reverb ...
ol also have to say that as the Dobro is an unfretted instrument melodyne is very useful to correct the tuning on some notes
not too much on the dobro but a lot on the lap steel where the strings are soft which often causes notes to be a bit out of tune because of the variable pressure of the tone bar