Me In a Crowd. ODH original

Started by ODH, April 07, 2022, 11:21:50 PM

ODH

Me in a crowd
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Psychedelic2022 (banner image missing)

I don't always function very well socially in crowds. I inadvertently made a piece of music that illustrates how the inside of my head is in those situations.

Three ukulele tracks principally (two reversed),drums from DM1  and GarageBand, Melotron flute. The crowd noise uses a sample download from a freesound.org contributor oliverbrotzman.

I guess it's kind of contemporary psychadelic, if I have to put a label on it.

Oh and if you reverse the whole track you get a slightly unsettling version of a familiar tune.

Nick
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Rene Asologuitar

Very cool sound.
This is an example of a beautiful and creative background to play electric guitar with, as a background.
Love it.
Rene

Greeny

I don't like crowds either - it's definitely one of the autism anxieties. I find this very calming and uplifting though. The backwards stuff fits in seamlessly and musically - just a lovely texture. The whole thing lilts along in a lovely way. Excellent work!

guitarron

Very clever. This is really morning coffee music. Well done sir

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Redler

This is very meditative piece of music...

Beautiful!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mike_S

Yes I can relate to the crowds thing. Lots of people talking together can throw me too. You've done a great musical interpretation of your feelings. Strange and quirky, kind of unsettling, but equally lovely too.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Zoltan

Meditative and quirky. The kind of track that looks back on you. The ukuleles reminded me of chinese kotos. Somehow you're able to bring peace and quiet into the imaginery crowds. Perhaps you in fact love being surrounded by people while getting drowned in your own head music? :)

A song that has a chinese feel and made me think of burrowing turtles.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

ODH

Quote from: Zoltan on April 10, 2022, 04:13:57 AMmade me think of burrowing turtles.

I'm glad someone picked up on that...
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Ray Brookes

Lovely cool reflective track at once soothing then unsettling. Love the sound of those ukes.
Ray Brookes

Nelson

A wonderfully creative piece of work. I'm not familiar with Burrowing turtles but it did
remind me the Jim Carey movie, "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". 

recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600