Distant Eyes (Rayon Vert)

Started by Farrell Jackson, March 24, 2022, 01:27:40 PM

Farrell Jackson

RV-Distant Eyes final mst2 224k
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Distant Eyes, completely redone. It's been Rayon Vert-orized. We hope you like it!
Credits:
Gary Carciello - All guitars, drums programming, production, and mix/mastering.
Doctor C - all keyboards.
Rob Grant - Bass.
Farrell Jackson - All vocals, lyrics and songwriter.
Distant Eyes
(1) Distant eyes, what do you see?
Are you looking for someone to please?
Distant eyes, you search the skies.
For things you think you need.
What will you find?
Don't be blind.
(Chr) Just another broken dreams avenue (what can you do?)
Driven to pursue something new (What can you do?)
(2) Distant eyes, stares into space
With looks that fade
To a hidden place.
You can't erase.
Chr) Just another broken dreams avenue (what can you do?)
(Brdg) Distant eyes.........don't you cry.
Distant eyes...dry your eyes...Distant Eyes
(solos Gary and DrC)
Distant eyes...open your eyes
Distant eyes...stop the lies.
Chr) Just another broken dreams avenue (what can you do?)
Distant eyes................................................
(Farrell Jackson © 2022 rewrite)
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

BerryPatch

That intro struck me right away, with those mysterious sounding chords and that great 70s prog synth. The whole track is so superb, sounds super tight and the chorus is so cool. You're harmonies are perfection, the vocals in general are so well done as always. Loved this track!

StephenM

since I know quite a few of your tracks.... I was kind of going what???? then I realized this is the new band.... since the song was a favorite as was.... and it is a great redo.... hard right now to determine if I like this one better.... I will compare but the show stopper on this one was always the vocals which did and still remind me of the great April Wine.... that dude could sing and so can you man! 
This lead guitar is smoking though and that proggy keyboard is fannytasical....
so this would be like a live version of the studio version or something...
anyway....cool!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Rene Asologuitar

Your vocals is exquisite.
You can really sing.
The melody is so captivating and I love the beat.
Thanks for sharing.
Rene

TPB

Boy this is tight as a frogs behind from the playing to the outstanding vocals this has been a treat and went right to the playlist
Bravo Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

maxit

Agree, sweet psychedelic rock with some progressive sections. The perfection of every single part and the overall sound !!!!
recorder
Audacity

Ray Brookes

Always masterful production from you guys. Excellent vocals, Farrell and great lyrics. Gary is a wizard on that guitar not to mention his mixing/mastering skills. Very professional sounding song presented here - enjoyed it a lot.
Ray Brookes

Greeny

Absolutely magnificent. The songwriting, performance, and production are all sensational. That change in the middle followed by the solo was mind-blowing. I really, really love the confidence and ability to pull off a stellar guitar solo then a keyboard one. I'd happily have that set-up in every one of your songs. What a band!

Pru

wonderful guitar playing and a super awesome song.

Mike_S

What a tune, what a great band. It's hard to define this tune, it takes some unexpected turns but it's very very cool. Some great seventies sounds, love those keys in the background and then man... that guitar solo, Gary that is some playing, followed by that cool keys solo too. This is seriously top drawer.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand