"Butchering the Beatles" - The Hidden Track

Started by Blooby, June 13, 2009, 08:02:48 PM

Blooby

Bruce Johnson - Tomorrow Never Knows
Time:
0:00
Volume:

I can't keep up with all the posts!  This irks me as I know I'm missing some great stuff.  Apologies to all if I haven't posted comments on your recent tracks.  I will try to catch up some tonight and tomorrow morning.

----------------------------

"Tomorrow Never Knows"

A drum machine, a guitar synth, and a desire to see if a workable horn section could be created started as something innocent enough...  Since I was only concerned with layering horn sounds and bouncing tracks, all other instrumentation involved first-take afterthoughts.

By the by, I stole the title from a humorous release: Butchering the Beatles: A Headbashing Trbute (http://www.amazon.com/Butchering-Beatles-Headbashing-Various-Artists/dp/B000ICMF58)

Peace

Blooby

lg

I really enjoyed this Blooby!
This is going on to my mp3 player.
Sounds to me like a Zappa covering the beatles thingy!
Dig it!

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Frank53

Wow! That was a joy to listen to. Very creative, nicely arranged, and beautifully played. Nice work, Blooby!
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

The Reverend 48

Great Stuff! I was not expecting this.......Trippy and Heavy
Great guitar work!

galestermusic

Definately a Zappa concept going on there Bloobly! I love the organ in it! I also dig the title and where you said you got it from! Classic!

Bro

Wow! Amazing!

Thats all there is too it if you ask me!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Bluesberry

Absolutely fantastic bit of instrumental music.  This is very inspired and creative IMO.  I really like what you have done here Blooby.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SharksDontSleep

You talented, talented swine.
I've been wanting to do a version of this song for ages, but not sure I'll be able to match this version.
Lovely guitar.

Are the keyboard sounds really a guitar synth?

Cool 8)

Ferryman

Move over Horny Harold, there's competition in town!!! Sounds very cool, definitely a workable horn sound. Great stuff and nice improv!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR