"Sailing Galapágo" a Geir original YouTube jingle

Started by Geir, February 02, 2022, 12:11:23 PM

Geir

Sailing Galapago with tail 1-trimmed-Mastered
Time:
0:00
Volume:
A friend of mine asked me to compose a piece for his new YouTube channel.

This is what I came up with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-Flp-V30L8

I might re-record it once my hand is healed (of yeah. I broke my left wrist just before Christmas :()
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

StephenM

I hope you do record this into a full length song...it's great.  I have the repeat button on...it reminds me a bit of the mellower side (if there is such a thing) of Ted Nugent....or a little of Eric Johnson.... beautiful guitar work here...all the rest is good too...
this is fun if you open two of these at the same time and set them at different volumes and times apart...amazing... yeah...I do that sometimes...ha :-* :D ;D

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Pete C

recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Zoltan

There's a touch of Stranglehold, but the way it plays it's more like Soft hold :)
I agree with Pete. It fits the video perfectly! And it's very jingle like. Memorable.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Blooby

Perfect. Sounds like it a local morning show theme. The camera fades in, and a woman with big hair is blowing on her coffee whilst a Regis Philbin clone reads from blank papers in his hands.

Well done.

Blooby

cuthbert

Very nice, Geir!

When I used to work in broadcasting, a friend of mine used to produce what we called "stings" - little musical intros / outros to be played for special news segments or promotional features. He wrote and recorded these bits in his home studio, usually using electric guitar or synthesizer. He got a lot of side work this way!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Ted

The lively and cheerful intro sounds exactly like what it was made for: an intro for a niche video series.

But then...

What the Fripp!?

I love that loopy stuff.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ray Brookes

Cool composition and well produced. The perfect intro music for a news segment or similar. Well done.
Ray Brookes

Ferryman

Different, and very nicely done. The trippy part towards the end sounds great, you could develop that into an album!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Farrell Jackson

Geir, this some fine jingle writing! It fits the video content perfectly!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?