Jump In (Rayon Vert)

Started by Farrell Jackson, January 29, 2022, 05:11:59 PM

Farrell Jackson

jump-in-rayon-vert-audio-file final 192
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is our first song since re-grouping as an internet band. We (Rayon Vert) took a 10-year hiatus as we all headed off on our individual musical journeys. It feels good to be making music again as a group.

Credits: Gary Carciello - all guitars, drums programming, and mix/mastering.
Rob Grant - Bass.
DrC - all keyboards.
Farrell Jackson - All vocals. 

Jump In
(V1) Hey there sugar pie, I'm very pleased to meet you...
You look so very fine...in your long and flowing dress
(Chr) So, jump in...Let's go...let's go for a long, long ride
So, jump in... we've got nothing...nothing but time on our side
(V2) If I seem so bold...ooh...it's because of your radiance
I must confess...yes...your glance takes away my breath
(Chr) So, jump in...Let's go...let's go for a long, long ride
So, jump in... we've got nothing...nothing but time on our side
(Gary solo)
(V3) Let's drive to the sun, take in the awesome view
Stop along the coast, have a sip of wine or two
(Outro) So, jump in... Let's go, let's go for a long, long ride
So, jump in... we've got nothing, nothing but time on our side
(Gary slide solo)
Farrell Jackson © 01/03/22
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

StephenM

listening at 5:30 am...this has me waking up let me tell you.  I love this... that is how you rock right there... has a cool "Lunatic Fringe" sounding lead too...
but the overall feel in vocals and the main sections is April Wine for me all the way.  I have mentioned before that vocally at times you remind of them.  That's pretty doggone good in my book.  I have a big thing for Canadian bands and this could fit in there well.  But i know there's been plenty of great rockers from CA and you ain't letting none of them down Farrell...
great band....this one is in my download file for listening as I drive around the town. 8)

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

godinqc

Really great song , after 10 years you guys have not lost any of your rhythm and musicianship.
I like the French group name  "Rayon Vert"  :)
Steve mentioned  "Lunatic Fringe", I agree as I also detected a bit of Tom Cochrane in your vocals.
The musicianship is excellent, all instruments are really well played and the vocals are superb.
After hearing this song,  I miss playing in a band, me and some if my friends formed a band once (about 20 years ago), but it was
too hard to get together and rehears properly because of work and other priorities .. it was short lived but it was so much fun ..
Great work ..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

Blooby

Super well done. Loving the overall vibe.  The background vocals are a treat as well. Great solo.   Killer production as well. This has it all.

Blooby

tonyc

really catchy song farrell , fantastic vocals and b/vocals . great mix love the drum sound and guitar work ,....brill ....cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

Hook

10 years???? Love it brother, love that you guys are back, love those guitars around 1:30...totally cool.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Zoltan

So you just HAD TO start with a bang! :D Such fine musicianship. The song is ace and hits all the right spots. The mix is pure 80's corporate rock! The alternative to alternative. I also get the April Wine vibe from this song. Oh come on guys... all those flashy guitar licks! :D
Damn, i was just trying to get away from the 80's and now this...

One for the playlist!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Redler

Everything works fine on this; performance, arrangement and production. I was expecting heavier guitar solo, but this kind of 'ethereal' one sounds really good! Top class job with the vocals, sweet harmonies too.

Brilliant job by all of you!!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Pru

cracking rock song! love music like this!

kenny mac

Great rocker,love Garys guitar work on this.
Everything sits right in the mix and the vocals are crystal clear.
Nice one.