Main Menu

Cherry Jam

Started by Pine, June 11, 2009, 06:06:27 AM

Pine

13 CHERRY JAM
Time:
0:00
Volume:
ok...as long as we are in this "club thing" ...i thought i would post this.

I don't know if they do it anymore or not because i have become all but a complete recluse...but back in the 70's and 80's bands would often have "break songs"...short, usually self indulgent instrumental things that the front man could talk over and say things like "We're gonna take a short pause for the cause...we'll be back in about 15 minutes...stick around folks..the best is yet to come...and remember to tip all your bartenders and waitresses..they're doin' a great job..." and then finish out the little tune. That's kinda what i see this post as. My brother was over one day and i had this drum/bass backer that i loved. I played rhythm guitar on my '77 Tele and he did the lead on his '71 ES-335 (cherry finish..thus, the title). No effects on either...all dl'd.

"Cherry Jam"

recorder
Boss BR-1200

Bro

Amazing!

Sweet tone on both guitars!

I wish i could do something this great!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

The Reverend 48

Pine

OJHO.....you can and you will....if you really want to. Do i recall someone saying you are a teenager? Sky is the limit for you my friend. Just a matter of how much time and effort you wanna invest.

Thanks 48..It was a blast to do. Short and sweet....and what's more fun than jammin' with your best friend?...ok..besides that... ;D
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Bro

Quote from: Pinedog on June 11, 2009, 09:26:55 AMOJHO.....you can and you will....if you really want to. Do i recall someone saying you are a teenager? Sky is the limit for you my friend. Just a matter of how much time and effort you wanna invest.

Your right 14 years and still counting, i need to go into jazz scales! :D
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Frank53

Wow! Nice playing, Charlie. Real George Benson tone on that '335. Sounds great. Oh,... and try the veal.  ;D
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Trotters

What drums are these???

Perfect blues by the way :D

Satchwood

Great Bluueezzy-Jazz playing!!  Nice guitar licks!!!

Flippin way cool drums and bassline!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

launched

In the zone with the tone!! You both had to be jacked into each other's heads, because it was perfect timing, too - I could tell you were both really into this!! Oh, and fantastic playing, too.

See ya around,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Pine

Thanks Mark. We really are brothers. Bill is 4 years younger and we have jammed..although not often enough...for 35 years. That's his favorite kinda groove  8)
recorder
Boss BR-1200