Mayday (Goin Down)

Started by StephenM, January 18, 2022, 11:46:06 AM

StephenM

LANDR-Mayday (Going Down)-Balanced-Medium
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Musically this is inspired by the Rush song "Jacobs Ladder".  2 Electric guitar tracks (Epiphone Les Paul ) using the boss ME-25 effects processor.  Shecter bass DI into Zoom board.  Very minimalist Alesis Nitro drums.  Senheiser 935e dynamic mic (tracks with on board effects).  Single Casio Privia keyboard track for siren type effecting keyboard.  All recorded and mixed on the Zoom L-20 and mastered with Landr.  Also pushing here somewhat toward the GodinQC style. 

Lyrically inspired by Mayday Air Disaster TV program that comes on here daily.  Of course this could be the story of many air disasters and in essence is but this song was based on a true story that happened in Indonesian islands years ago.  A jet was attempting to land a runway where the were rampant fires on the island and the smoke was thick, adding confusion to the air traffic controller and pilots.  The pilots were completely on instruments and got confused because the controller made a mistake and the pilot missed the fact that he would approach the runway from the opposite way that he normally would.  He made a wrong turn, the co pilot was distracted, the radar system on the island only updated every 12 seconds so the controller didn't notice quick enough.  The pilot was told to hold 2000 feet which would have saved the plane in spite of the mistake but he went to 1500 and ran into the side of a mountain. 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

Damn... You're on fire! The way you're building tension here works a treat. I was waiting for the song to EXPLODE at any moment yet you managed to keep it cool. Kinda like a pilot.
You're getting great sounds! Interesting backstory too. Worth a revisit!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Hook

Very cool brother. I have n M25 somewhere. Your new recordednseems to fit you well, this is a super crisp and clean production.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

guitarron

Killer groove Steve. I really great title and subject. Your getting some really great guitar tones here. The minimalist approach s well here. Rock on my NC brother

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Farrell Jackson

A cool song Stephen! You and the Zoom L-20 seem to be getting along well. As others have mentioned, great guitar sounds. The lyrics subject matter and your vocals fit the music well. Nicely done!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

TPB

Well you and your new toy are certainly getting along well together Loving the guitar and separation on this track everything in its place excellent job brother rock on
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Ray Brookes

Fantastic production, Steve and the intense feel of this track works so well. Cool back story too and love those guitar tones.
Ray Brookes

tonyc

this is brill stephen the production is fantastic love the lyrics and your voice sound superb ...keep um coming .....cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

BerryPatch

Great track Stephen! I can totally see the Jacobs Ladder influence, I love the tension in the track. Those relentless drums and droning keys really add so much to the atmosphere. The story in the lyrics is also quite harrowing, which is partially why I've never flown in a plane :). Too much to worry about up there... Excellent song

SE

Cool production, excellent guitar and vocal.
Reminds me of Saxon 747 Wheels of Steel.
recorder
Boss BR-80