Solitude - Solo Guitar ( new version and arrangement ) - Andy Dursley

Started by funkyaxe, January 10, 2022, 03:36:36 PM

funkyaxe

Solitude ( revisited, new version ) )
Time:
0:00
Volume:
A new recording and arrangement of this tune. Still struggling with getting a decent recording of my classical guitar. This is far better than the original recording but still much room for improvement. Recorded live through cakewalk.

StephenM

this is lovely Andy.  Wondering what kind of mic you use here? 

I used cakewalk years ago using a cheap computer mic.  It's good software and alot better now than years ago.  My son uses it.  I use a simpler version called Bandlab.  My brain gets overloaded with too much stuff on the others.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Farrell Jackson

This is fantastic playing Andy! I would be very satisfied if I could play as well as you are doing here. Acoustic guitar finger squeaks used to bother me but not anymore. It's what gives it the real, live feel and sound. I have used de-essers to minimize the squeaks but they never go completely away but why should they? It's part of the sound. Nicely done!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

bruno

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Ray Brookes

This is exquisite guitar playing, Andy and so relaxing. Beautifully performed with a cool 'live room' feel.
Ray Brookes

guitarron

Very peaceful. It seems some mics aren't as good for room ambiance but may be good for close miking. It's trial and error. I'm using 2:mics in my current project. A sm57 for close miking. And a condenser mic a little farther way. This is a new miking scheme for me. Getting good results. What mic are you using.
Loved the tune

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

funkyaxe

It was a relatively cheap USB mic. I think I need to experiment with the position of the mic as it was probably too close to the fretboard and picked up excessive string slide noise. I have good quality condenser mics but was just trying to see if I could get a reasonable recording with the USB mic. I also found that some lower notes were very muddy.

chapperz66

Beautiful piece Andy - and very nicely played.  Tasteful and evocative stuff.  I really enjoyed listening to this.

Paul

hardlock

This is such a beautiful piece and you performed and recorded it perfectly as far as I see. A very live feel and vibe. Felt I was watching you play it! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure