Main Menu

Amazon

Started by StephenM, January 09, 2022, 04:39:58 PM

StephenM

LANDR-Amazon-Balanced-Medium
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is current news mixed up with nursery rhymes.  Like alot of news outlets these days it isn't factual.  This is complete with commentary from casual observer along with lyrics and vocals from another dimension.  I'm not sure you like it but I do think it's a bit interesting.

I kind of like this one... It's one guitar.  The Harley Benton (I am pretty sure), and one bass (Shecter).  Guitar I used the ME-25 on one of the Lead settings.  Drums are Alesis Nitro. 
The vocals could be a touch louder but I had a few problems with some S sounds that I tried to fix.  My current process is recording multi track and mixing on the mixer board, no DAW, no cut and paste.  I actually like this a little better on headphones. 

I'm not a salmon spawning up the river.  I'm more like frogs eggs floating in the pond.  I've got packages to deliver.  I'm Amazon.

Bezo's, Baaaazo's, bigger than Buffett.  Bezo's, Baaaazo's taking out Miss Muffett.  (Little Miss Muffett).

Ghislaine bathtub drain, Ghislaine bathtub drain, you had your Jeffery moments.  Ghislaine bathtub drain, you had your Jeffery moments.  (hmmm I wonder if there's a connection to the name Jeff?)
(Little Miss Muffett, sat on her tuffet, eating her curds and whey)

Bezo's, Baaaazo's, bigger than Buffett.  Bezo's, Baaaazo's taking out Miss Muffett.  (Little Miss Muffett).  Taking out Miss Muffett.  (I don't know if they used a baseball bat or what)
(along came a spider and sat down beside her and scared Miss Muffett away)

I'm not a shark, looking for a chum.  I'd rather just be a beach bum.  I've got packages to deliver but I'm not Amazon. 

Amazon's money pile is bigger than the national GDP of many countries.  Hmm...my goodness, how do you get that big? 

Bezo's, Baaaazo's, bigger than Buffett.  Bezo's, Baaaazo's taking out Miss Muffett.
  (how did they take her out anyway?)  Taking out Miss Muffett.  (Did they use a pistol?  A syringe?  Or is it taking out on a date?) 

I'm not a salmon spawning up a river.  I'm more like frogs eggs floating in a pond. 
(little miss muffett, sat on her tuffett, eating her curds and whey.  Along came a spider and sat down beside her and scared miss muffett away.)

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ray Brookes

That is a cool guitar sound you have there, Stephen. The vocals sound ok to me but I know what you mean about the sibilant 'S' --- I have the same problem that sometimes make me sound like a snake. Cool lyrics too and Amazon have been getting some bad press lately over here, mostly because they apparently do not pay corporate tax.
Ray Brookes

Zoltan

This is a cool rocker! You really got me with that "Bezo's, Baaaazo's, bigger than Buffett.  Bezo's, Baaaazo's taking out Miss Muffett.  (Little Miss Muffett)." -part. Where do you get this stuff? This can't be invented! I think this is the strongest hook of this song and makes everything better. The main lyrical hook about Amazon pops out more because of this (somehow it balances things) whereas this part rocks out. Some cool bass playing also!

Going DAWless can be a beautiful thing.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Nice rocker Stephen, excellent lyrics and musicianship. Made my speakers bounce.
The Gobi Desert Canoe Club
recorder
Boss BR-800

Hook

Rock on brother, another gem.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

bruno

For a second there I thought you were referring to Miss Mofet, mind you I've just watched Silence of the Lambs ...eek!

This is great - so full of imagination.

Great tune.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

thetworegs

An excellent jam Stephen crazy lyric works a treat take a bow

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Blooby

The best compliment I ever received was that a song I did was "unapologetically you." I can't tell you how good that made me feel.

This tune is unapologetically you.

Bruce

TPB

The mad hatter at it again love your creativity brother great rocker
Love it I think you have came upon  your own
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Redler

Cool psych vibe with excellent bass line!  Some nice feel from the 60's. Bravo!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR