Main Menu

Ada & Flo

Started by DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee, January 07, 2022, 01:14:57 PM

StephenM

Listening to this I thought "The Kinks" just as Tony said...but this is much more as well.  This is a great piece of British Pop Rock (all caps for a reason) greatness (imo)....
There is great guitar, in many styles and tones and methods so bravo in that alone.  The bass really drives the song along nicely.  Drums are good but I didn't really think much of them (and that is a good thing). 
The topper is the lyrics.  Great story.  Plus there are nice images of British life that I only know from hearing a bit about it (crumpets and tea for one, council bungalow for another).  But I am with Ada and Flo on Winston Churchill, he is a hero of mine.  Not only was he direct (and wrong often), he was funny and he stuck by what he believed (at least that is my perception of him). 
The vocals are superb as well.  This is a fantastic track.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Yeah,liking this a lot. I think you have captured the feel of the times perfectly. I read the lyric before I played the song and I immediately thought of my mum and dad who appeared to be locked in a 40's and 50's time warp.
Great song crafting.
The Gobi Desert Canoe Club
recorder
Boss BR-800

thetworegs

You've certainly caught that generation reminds me of my mother and her friend Edie & Jean the bit you missed out was comparing their medications ????got a great Beatly feel to the music loved it

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

maxit

Father mckenzy .... all of the lonely people!
recorder
Audacity

SE

That's a great song allied with just great musicianship, thanks for posting, enjoyed it lots!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Redler

Just amazing songwriting and performance!  Nice 60's vibe indeed. I'm on the 2nd listening and feels even better, melodic and catchy. Excellent job by both of you!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR