Behind Their Hands

Started by The Gobi Desert Canoe Club, January 07, 2022, 09:29:33 AM

Behind Their Hands
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi all, still in the after Christmas lull so here's another song before I have to put the overalls of life back on. Hope you enjoy.
The Gobi Desert Canoe Club
Rickenbacker 330, PRS SE Custom. Fender Precision, Drums and Pads from GarageBand

My friends have seen you dancing with another man
They say he drove her home but they didn't see her leave
And now I see them laughing behind their hands
And I think they must be laughing laughing at me

So why don't you tell me what's going on
'Cos you're not in the place where you're supposed to be
And now my friends are laughing behind their hands

Your best friend just told me
That you just need time and space
But I just can't believe that
Until you tell me face to face

Instrumental

And now my friends are laughing behind their hands
Laughing at me
Laughing at me

recorder
Boss BR-800

Pete C

Great song - love the vocals but I really like the sound of the guitars on this. What effects did you use ?

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Ray Brookes

Great sound you guys have and an excellent production on this song. Great vocal work and love the sound of those guitars.
Ray Brookes

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Excellent song. I love the guitar sounds too, great lyrics and vocals. Happy new year!

Darren
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

For those interested in the guitar sound, there are four tracks,
1. Quiet Acoustic, panned centre
2. Rickenbacker, panned left (I think)
3. Rickenbacker, panned right.
4. PRS stereo track.
All guitar tracks apart from the bass were going through a Boss GT-1 effects pedal straight into a
Boss BR-900 using onboard sounds which I think comprised of different amounts of delay and reverb.
I tidied the beginning and ending in GarageBand and added compression.
This is how I think it was done but when I'm recording I don't worry about how I get a sound only that I get it. Hope this helps.
The Gobi Desert Canoe Club
recorder
Boss BR-800

tonyc

nice catchy song love the guitars and a really great mix , brill vocals ......cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

Blooby

Lovely tune. Big sounding. Digging the subtle keys. Lyrics are strong (albeit depressing). Hope there's a happy ending in there somewhere.

Blooby

Zoltan

The lyrics caught my attention. I had to read them in full before hearing the song. I wanted to see how it goes. The vocals are great. There's sadness to them. The sound of "acceptance" that brings the lyrics to come alive. The sound picture is full and beautifully realized.

Overall i think the mix is good, but i'm hearing some mud build up (overall sound), and slightly harsh high(er) frequencies (guitars). This is mainly nitpicking, and i wouldn't (:)) trust my ears, but if you're still tinkering with it then that's an area that could be perhaps still improved. It's more about "smidgen" than any huge cuts.

Great song!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

guitarron

Powerful tune. Love the jangly rhthym and your vocal with just a touch of gristle. Wish I could sing have as good. Kudos

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

funkyaxe

Loving the guitar tones ( for some reason it made me think of the Pretenders sound ) The vocal fits the lyrics perfectly. Great stuff.