Running 40 Days (Before I Get the Noose)

Started by StephenM, January 05, 2022, 05:18:04 AM

Jean Pierre

big wall of guitar in there, ...I'll read the lyrics later anyway the sound and the guitar playing is excellent
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

guitarron

Thought I commented already. The riff is epic sounding. Real solid rocker. Personally I like the competing vocals in some spots, In some others spots, it was too much imo. Went back to reading the lyrics. Solid tune my friend. Trippy

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

Quote from: guitarron on January 08, 2022, 07:04:17 AMThought I commented already. The riff is epic sounding. Real solid rocker. Personally I like the competing vocals in some spots, In some others spots, it was too much imo. Went back to reading the lyrics. Solid tune my friend. Trippy

thanks everyone for the comments, always appreciated. 

Ron I totally get you here on the vocals.  most of the time, by the time I have gotten to this point I don't feel like working on the song anymore or else I am fearful that I cannot get back to where I was and improve it.  In this case however I do believe I can improve these vocals, taking the best parts of them and redoing the parts that are not good enough.  Most of the time I mix on the DAW so cut and paste is easy and is how I get to alot of the crazy results I have.  But since I have been forcing myself to stay on the Zoom for the entire process (other than mastering) it requires a completely different approach.  While I don't have to do this I want to for at least a few more songs for several reasons.  1 is that it's how I am learning the machine.  Another reason is I think it's good for my brain to learn new things and it is forcing me to change a little how I am recording. 
Even so I am going to use this as a demo and work on the vocals more... there is alot here I like ...  thanks for the feedback everyone... it's always welcome, even i don't end up using it.  I think about it later for other songs.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

funkyaxe

That was such fun. A wonderful slice of rock/blues mayhem. Love the lead guitar tones and the lyrics.

StephenM

LANDR-40-Balanced-Medium
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here is the original.  I reworked the vocals completely and remixed the music a bit.  I liked the orig but like the new one better.

NOTE:  AFTER BEING AWAY FROM THIS FOR A WHILE AND THEN LISTENING TO BOTH...
I LIKE THE ORIGINAL ONE BETTER, IT CAPTURES THE ENERGY OF THE SONG BETTER.  I am not going to change it now because it's a fest song...oh well...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Yeah, great guitar tone and loved the lyrics. I get the Neil Young vibe and the doubled vocal is something I use to quite often thicken my vocal. You certainly don't need it for that reason but it's very effective. Great post.
The Gobi Desert Canoe Club
recorder
Boss BR-800

Ferryman_1957

Coming to this late so I only listened to the original and it sounds great! Love those guitar sounds, so clear and punchy with just the right amount of dirt. Love the story and the vocals, it's a great track which does indeed have a few dollops of Neil Young, no bad thing in my book. Another belter!

Farrell Jackson

I haven't listened to the first version but this version rocks big time. I like the opening guitar riff and throughout. Some fine vocals and lyrics as well. You are on a 40-day creative rockin' roll!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Redler

Great entry for the fest! This could be late entry for story telling fest, too! Some nice solo guitar additions btw...

Fine job, Stephen.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR