NEIL-FEST - 'Old Man' by Greeny

Started by Greeny, June 09, 2009, 03:29:53 PM

Greeny

GREENY_OLD MAN
Time:
0:00
Volume:
NeilFest (banner image missing)

Spurred on by Bluesberry(!), here's my cover of Neil's 'Old Man'. This is my favourite NY song, but it was a hard one to pull off. REALLY hard! Lol. This is me on guitars and vocals, and my gf doing backing vox on the chorus. She hasn't done a lot of singing, and it took some encouragement to get her to do this! It was also like the 'Rainbow Bread' sessions - quite a few takes, lol. Well, we had a couple bottles of wine and did this tonight. With reverence to Neil of course.

The guitars are straight into the BR with the effects 'off'.

I'm putting it here because it needs bass and slide to give it the final sheen. If anyone wants to make a contribution, I'll take the separate layers and mix them in Audacity.

I love this forum! And Neil-Fest!!!!!

:)

Flash Harry

Bloody hell Tim. It's perfect.. It needs nothing else....

Except perhaps the rest of the file........

It stops at 1:01 for me.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Bluesberry

It is working for me. 

Aw man that is just wonderful.  The addition of your gf is just so sweet and warm sounding, really nice stuff Tim and surprise backup singer (great job).  A little slide on here would just finish this off perfect (are there any hidden slide players out there?).  Great post, I am glad you were spurred. 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Satchwood

Very cool tune Greeny - great singing and back up vox!!

This one rocks - I like the simplicity in the song - just like Neil intended it!!

GReat job!!

It played all the way thru for me....osckilo says my latest tune also stops about half way thru for them......somethings up......
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

OsCKilO

Played all the way through for me too...... Something is up though..... Hmmmm

Great Job Mr and Ms Greeny!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Wiley

Your GF was great added a lot to the song. A great job! This has been an awesome Neilfest. Still trying to catch up with eveyone.

launched

Excellent Job!! Bravo!! I think the background singer you hired was great and added a nice touch! :D

Perfect guitar sound with no effects.

Another Neil-Fest wonder!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Ferryman

Superb. The very stripped down recording works really well - the guitars sound great. Vox and backing vox are great - huge kudos to your gf for doing this, she sounds great.

Doesn't need much more really.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

The Reverend 48

The Dogz! and a big well done to the Lady Greeny she really adds a new dimension to your sound..its on the xplod.......

Greeny

07b_TIM GREEN_OLD MAN
Time:
0:00
Volume:
NeilFest (banner image missing)

Here's an updated re-mix incorporating bass and slide from our very own 64guitars. I think it rounds the song off very nicely, so thanks 64!  :)