You Smell The Cheese?

Started by StephenM, December 05, 2021, 12:56:04 PM

tonyc

lol this is brill stephen , you should write a play or a film , you stories are great , this made me laugh more more more please .....cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

Mike_S

Hmmm, this got me thinking, did Frank Zappa actually die or did you somehow channel some of his spirit through you!? Not to say this musically is really like Frank Zappa, it's more just the spirit of adventure, craziness and comical elements. But anyway I am glad I listened, very nearly missed this as I was about to sign off for the evening. Fanbloodytastic Stephen, oh and a great production.Oh and I was wondering where you got the female samples maybe a movie off YouTube and then read it was your sister. She was a star here.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Haha! I love the songs you write, the lyrics are always slightly off the wall which I like, but your music is always really good, especially the guitars and drums.
I too think it reminds me of Thomas Dolby.
You're a mad genius lol
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Johnbee

Musical & comedic genius.  Too bad Dr. Demento isn't still on the radio.  This would fit right in.
 :) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Redler

Impressive and creative!! Everything's put well together! Nice psych vibe.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Well, I'm a bit late getting to this because I knew it would be quite a listen. And it is. Totally unhinged in a Henwrench type of way, love the off kilter instrumentation and the way the madness grows through the song until reaching the crescendo at the end. It's a hugely fun listen, I love the way you placed everything in the mix so that there's things coming at you from all directions. Your sister's vocal was great as well, and it really adds to the storytelling to have two different vocalists.

Loved it, it was worth the wait! ;D

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR