Main Menu

ThE BLuE

Started by Pine, June 08, 2009, 06:13:58 PM

OsCKilO

Quote from: Pinedog on July 17, 2009, 10:00:36 AMYou'd be bored to death! Without my virtual band, the Pinecats, it's just an old guy and his guitar. Haven't played with a band in over 20 years...

There is a real entertaining quality about all your stuff... And as SteveB states, you really do play it all!

Even if it was a virtual performance on a website, I would probably pay to view it......

Do you do requests?

Peace bro

Off to check out your other stuff....

Live is the way forward for music........
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Pine

"Entertaining quality" eh?...nice compliment...thanks!...probably because i usually tell stories with my songs ...comes from growing up in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do but talk to my invisible friends..  :) :D ;)
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Diego Ayala

Quote from: Pinedog on August 01, 2009, 10:35:42 AM"Entertaining quality" eh?...nice compliment...thanks!...probably because i usually tell stories with my songs ...comes from growing up in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do but talk to my invisible friends..  :) :D ;)

I think it will take me the rest of my life to be able to catch up to all the postings and music out of this forum.  I am so truly thankfull to Kody for first stearing me into the direction of the br 900, and then to this forum.  Not only do I love to listen to the music posted here, but truly enjoy how we all express ourselves, and how postings of songs usualy leads to other postings and thoughts, and experiences...

I have had the opportunity to play live with quite a few bands and venues, and it is quite an experience, in particular once you morph into one band and everybody knows how to read everybody else, and not every night is the same - although you may be playing the same covers for 10 weekends straight!  But, when bands split up, it sometimes can be a painfull experience......

Recording and instrumentation are new to me, and now I am trying to be a band of one - and listening to what everybody does in this forum realy helps me become a more expresive musician...  There is such a variety here!!!!

Pine

Well Diego, i agree with everything you said. As far as catching up with all the songs on this forum, not sure it can be done unless you sat at the PC all day every day...cuz more stuff is added daily. Lots of good music here but even more good folks. Really well run operation with many people genuinely invested in supporting others and trying to improve on their craft. So easy to pass the time here...TOO easy! I miss the band scene as well but this is a wonderful evolution....and your mates don't drink all your beer and trash your house at band practice!  8)
recorder
Boss BR-1200

SteveG

Have not played live for years and years, sorta miss it, but she wont let me now :(

Really got into the song mate, paints a picture like you said. Nice one

OsCKilO

Quote from: Pinedog on August 01, 2009, 10:35:42 AM"Entertaining quality" eh?...nice compliment...thanks!...probably because i usually tell stories with my songs ...comes from growing up in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do but talk to my invisible friends..  :) :D ;)

It is quite strange.....

Blues isn't my favourite Genre..... But then I really like this one....and find myself drawn in...

Tiz that Quality about your stuff...!

"CAPTIVATING" is a better term than "Entertaining quality..."

I should rephrase....
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Pine

Both complimentary terms and i'm pleased that a guy that doesn't really care for blues would listen to the whole song...it's kinda long. You probably won't be hearing anymore blues from me for who knows how long....just had to get out that album while i was still able. I wanna go back to more acoustic material. Think i'll post one last blues...make it an acoustic one...and move on. Thanks for listening and sharing your thoughts..
recorder
Boss BR-1200

OsCKilO

The only other person who can make the blues enjoyable for me is 48...

As for the accoustic stuff..... I cant Wait!!!!!!!!

There is something about playing accoustic that just feels more real to me....

Peace

T(Osckilo)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

guitarron

just having another listen-this is really cool PD

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis