A litle ditty: "Cut & Paste"

Started by Blooby, June 07, 2009, 09:37:58 PM

Blooby

08 Cut and Paste
Time:
0:00
Volume:

Have had no time, so I thought I'd post something older.  Judging from the title, I think this was an early experiment with cutting and pasting and trying to get a decent acoustic sound (oh well, one out of two will have to suffice).  It rambles, but it was jaunty enough to warrant posting (as opposed to the backlog of tripe of mine that nobody will ever hear...nobody, I say...NOBODY!  HA! HA! HA!  Phew, sorry about that.).

A tad more upbeat than the "Gloom Metal" thingy.

Peace.

Blooby

Greeny

Wonderful playing, Blooby. This is nice and subtle overall, but with complicated little touches going on around the edges. It has a 'country / bluegrass' kind of jauntiness to it - it reminded me at the beginning of 'Misty' by Ray Stevens, lol (one of my faves!!!!!). Great work.

launched

As always, the guitar work is prime (I thought you got great acoustic tone!). If this is cut and past work, then hats off to you - seamless!

Catch you later,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Satchwood

Cool guitar playing Blooby!! 

I can't tell this was a cut-n-paste job....

Kind of short, though - cool stuff!!

www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

OsCKilO

superb!

But then we expect nothing less from you!

Peace
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Kody

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Ferryman_1957

Blooby, this is very good indeed. Lovely playing and a great feel here. I can't see evidence of cutting and pasting. Really nice feel to it, flows nicely and well produced. Enjoyed this a lot!

Cheers,

Nigel

galestermusic

Hi Blooby! Long time :) This is very cool. Very Phil Keagyish.

Blooby

Quote from: LESTG on June 09, 2009, 02:18:01 AMHi Blooby! Long time :) This is very cool. Very Phil Keagyish.

Nice to see you again.  It has been a while.  And you manage to start my day with a compliment of the highest order.  That one meant a lot.

And thank you to the rest of you who chimed in.  I feel guilty because I haven't had a lot of time to post lately.  I'm always hearing inspiring music here when I get a moment, though.

For those wondering, only the acoustic was cut and pasted.  I just picked several spots from an improvisation and tried to stitch it together.  At least this is how I remember this one.  It stands to reason as the acoustic is so robotically consistent.  The rest of the instruments were thrown on top of that.  Sorry if I wasn't clear before.

Peace.  I'm off to the rock pile (ugh).

Blooby

OsCKilO

This reminds me of the themes on the American Shows that used to come on late at night when I was growing up on the U.K......

It Gives me nostalgic shivers every time I listen to this....
Every tune was done to perfection.... And there would be a killer (and very human) lead to merge all the loops into a seamless, catchy, and unbelivably good finished product.......

Thank you for the warm nostalgic feeling Blooby!

This is great!

Peace

T(Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy