Another Dumb Song (It Rocks)

Started by StephenM, October 13, 2021, 10:18:01 AM

StephenM

Another Dumb Song (It Rocks)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
last night I was practicing drums...had a click track with a 3/4 time at 130bpm recorded for 4 minutes....and I decided to play drums to the click track kind of free style...free wheeling it...I had music in my head to play to...but this wasn't it.  So I played for 4 plus minutes.  Then tried some bass with it.  Then I added guitar to go with the bass.  I ended up copying the guitar track and adding delay to the copied one . 
then a lead guitar.  Then I mixed everything to bounce stereo ....I just decided that I was going to go simple and do everything on the BR (except the vocals, I recorded the tracks on the zoom and imported to the BR).  I used the truck as my vocal studio to avoid "distractions".
I used gain staging during recording and then hammered the mastering software on the BR using the third patch labeled as live mix. 

the lyrics I got from the recording process and then random thoughts that popped in as I recorded/wrote lyrics (if  you call this that anyway).

as a child we entertained ourselves and even though I have many more options these days I still like to entertain myself and this is just another example,....fun foolishness...
feeling retro, kind of nostalgic, recording this without the DAW.  Just me and the ole BR, it ain't analog tape though.  I got the beat, I did the drums, added the bass just for fun.  Then guitar, the Harley Benton, sounds to me it's straight from heaven.
Beavis got a butthead.  Beavis in the studio.  This rocks, this rocks.  But it ain't trending.
A little copy track, a bit of delay, then a lead strainght away.  Used my ME-25 for guitar and bass.  Then the zoom mics for vocal trending. 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Groundy

Love it, Stephen, you have put so much into this, great sound... Well done..... Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

This sounds really good Stephen. I love the lyrics haha! (Singing about what you did while recording it)
That's good drums, is it a real kit or a digital kit? The bass and guitars are really nice and I always like your vocals, especially when you're messing around in a song. Nice lead guitar solos too.

Darren
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

StephenM

Quote from: The Devil's Toupee on October 13, 2021, 12:46:15 PMThis sounds really good Stephen. I love the lyrics haha! (Singing about what you did while recording it)
That's good drums, is it a real kit or a digital kit? The bass and guitars are really nice and I always like your vocals, especially when you're messing around in a song. Nice lead guitar solos too.

Darren

Thanks Darren (and Alex)....the drums are Alesis Nitro electronic drums.... They have alot of drum kit options and are very responsive as in if you hit softer or harder they respond...plus they are fairly close to the feel of the skins...and everything is adjustable as far as panning, volume level, drums sounds, reverb etc....for me  I could never handle an acoustic set....it would be great but just so much work to move, mic, etc...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

TPB

Ok brother I now have new nick name for you Mad Hatter completely off the wall love it well done
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

guitarron

A little free wheeling fun. You're getting pretty good on those drums. Truck cab vocal booth is brilliant.

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

This sounds like so much fun!

Love "harmonized" ho hos

Great guitars and drums

Very entertaining

Well done
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Farrell Jackson

A real fun, off the cuff, rocker Stephen. I can tell you had fun doing this one. The truck studio vocals sound good as does all the rest!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

BerryPatch

You're damn right it rocks! I love the lyrics here, always great to hear about the many different ways people record. Those drums are kickass!

Bluesberry

another fine...fun....freaky (a little)...song ........ I really like the guitar strumm pattern.....really great rock and roll.....its like a lost Manic Street Preachers song

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand