Building a Better World

Started by Mike_S, September 29, 2021, 03:08:27 AM

chapperz66

Love this, Mike.  Ambitious but brilliantly realised!  I love a compound time signature.

Paul

Zoltan

In the style of King Crimson? You're really setting the bar high for this one :) and succeeding at it! The whole song is swirly excursion into a dreamy progeland. Cool melodies and play at the time signatures.  Amazing!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Redler

King Crimson prog rock vibe is captured perfectly! The tones are very authentic...

Brilliant job, Mike!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

StephenM

This gets better and better and better....
Your music is fabulous...it's so good I can't describe it.
Another thing I notice is how good your drum sounds are...
And there are many incredible small details...I listen to your music alot and it gets better and better the more I hear it... hats off..standing ovation Mike...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Groundy

Wow, Mike, this is stunning, a big thumbs up here, its a keeper,
Really well done.... Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Johnbee

Never got much into KC beyond the first album with Greg Lake but maybe I should.  Anyway, I like your tune here.  Great guitar tones, drum work and vox.

:)John B

Mike Huntingford

Has an ethereal feel.  Love your guitar playing always top shelf stuff!

Where do you come up with the lyrics.... so talented.

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

Pru

I don't know much of king crimson but this trak is super! i tried to figure out the time signatures but gave up. brill arrangement and production along with great lyrics.

SE

Just go to admire the imagination, just too cool!
recorder
Boss BR-80

BerryPatch

Almost missed this one! I love KC and you knocked it out of the park, I can definitely hear this as an 80's KC track. Brilliant dissonance and the weird time signature totally grooves. I love how jam packed this track feels with your vocals and lyrics on top holding everything together. Very daring to mimic prog (I started on a Genesis type thing in GarageBand one before running out of ideas  :o) but it came out fabulous, with your style still in there as well.