'Deadbeat Moon' - Greeny Original

Started by Greeny, September 06, 2021, 10:14:41 AM

Greeny

Deadbeat Moon_GREENY
Time:
0:00
Volume:
12-string electric + delay & overdrive through an Orange tiny terror combo, Ibanez bass, Garageband drums, strings & keys. All recorded and mixed on the MBR.

d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-deadbeat moon

nomads spaced out in the desert
(under the stars)
blunt apparitions in the town
(communications down)
hearts left on ice in the freezer
and cacti sucking water from the ground
romantic novels in the lost and found

you and me and a deadbeat moon
skid row la luna like a milky balloon
fallen in love in a drunken monsoon

d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-deadbeat moon

we've buried our hope in time capsules
(deep in the ground)
we've made pinatas out of our dreams
(hanging from the trees)
waiting for the heavens to open
in angel-helmet Wagner fantasies
operas to cure our disease

skid row la luna like a milky balloon
fallen in love in a drunken monsoon

Zoltan

Ha! I've already heard this from Youtube & seen the cool music video too :) One of my favourites from the Greeny songbook!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Ferryman_1957

12 string sounds gorgeous and the d-d-d-d-deadbeat moon is so infectious. Lyrical bass work that really plays off the drum pattern brilliantly. Great vocals, fab visual imagery in the lyrics and that polished production. Another one to pop in that Greeny top drawer. Loved it.

Mike_S

Beautiful Tim. Some lovey bass work and the string parts work really well. The quirky d-d-d-d chorus idea is very original and works brilliantly. You keep the bar very high with consistently great tracks and this is another. Lovely stuff.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Pete C

Fantastic song - great bass line and I love it when the strings come in. I'm always amazed at how you come up with one top quality song after another !
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

maxit

wow ! That's a fantastic lyric, you've a way to tell the story with those wonderful images happening, so cool ! I think it's also very new, this weird times love story, and the way you sing the d-d-d-d and the ( ) thing is really something. One of my favorites too ...
recorder
Audacity

TPB

Getting ready to work the fall fields but thought I would listen to this first and have one more cup of coffee what a great way to start my morning loving the 12 string
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Groundy

Love the 12 string Tim, and such a great bass line. Pure Magic.... Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Blooby

You surely can write some infectious tunes. Great progressions, especuially that move to the chorus with the string stabs. Wowza.

Downloaded.

Blooby

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

You've really put some time into this. It sounds brilliant. As do all your songs. I really love the dddddd chorus bit. The music sounds fantastic, love the strings too and all the musical bits going on in the background. Guitars sound great.

Darren
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.