By the Time You Read This

Started by ODH, September 05, 2021, 06:07:02 AM

ODH

By the time you read this 02
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Growing up I was often in earshot of songs about death or suicide.  Here's one of my own.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

guitarron

Can feel the emotional angst here in this well constructed and produced song.
I have lost a few this year alone. Makes you appreciate what you have going for you.
PSA. anyone who needs or knows of someone who needs help, please be courageous and reach out to them.
Nicely done Nick

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

a great song that guitar sound is fabulous, reminds me of the guitar sounds Blixa Bargeld made for Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, magic.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

A really nice song, the piano and guitars sound great. It's always difficult writing about something that's personal to you. You've constructed the song really well with the instruments. Going from a happy to sad feel.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

StephenM

I could say this is killer but probably that is not the right way to say it...

I try to not be too serious because life just gets so heavy and I can't go on like that...but I have lost many loved ones and friends over the past 10 years...hard to say goodbye or until the other side...
aside from the lyrics I really like that crashing volume swell distorted guitar...it really adds depth for me...and the lovely little keys around the synths in the background...
and the piano...
and the vocals...just a wonderful song Nick....
as a side note... I write loved ones letters that I leave in a drawer sealed...stuff i would say to them but I can't because I am not here anymore...I try to not hold anything back from friends and loved ones NOW because one day...By the time you read this.......I will be gone...

GREAT SONG NICK!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

maxit

Great song and deeply emotional. One of the best things I've heard around, really. And it is a race between how well is written and how well is arranged and performed. When the synth after 2:30 is really touching. Out of scale good, to me !
recorder
Audacity

Groundy

Nice one Nick, so sad but so true there is an awful lot of young people ending their lives...
well written and performed...Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Farrell Jackson

A beautiful, sad and sentimental song that pulls forth some emotions for me. Great production choices that support the song so well. Excellent writing Nick!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Greeny

Such a fragile and beautiful song. Pretty melodies that carry the weight of the emotional load. Such a gorgeous arrangement and performance - it really is a stunner.

Ferryman_1957

I can't really make out all the lyrics but I get enough to understand where you are coming from. It's a very powerful piece, the clarity and poignancy of the piano part plays off so well against the dissonance of the the distorted guitar parts. You created a really emotional powerful piece here, a really compelling listen. Very tastefully produced as well.