Peter, Do You Love Me?

Started by StephenM, September 02, 2021, 04:26:56 PM

Mike_S

Oh yes... this really builds and builds into something very special. I like the idea of the song, and I can totally relate to it the idea of holding contradicting views. But yeah, cool song a great feel, excellent production, well worked up and arranged. Some great soloing too... thumbs up too to the tone on the lead g.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

des0free

Wow, really great!  For me this is a smash hit.  Very pro sounding and polished all around.  Vocals and guitars stand out. 

My first thought is a Pink Floyd vibe, and that is something I think is hard to get since they are so special.

Congrats on conjuring up a great song, really special!
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Very cool song Stephen. I'm getting an REM vibe or a Neil young one. I can relate to the inner alien concept. The lyrics are really clever. The music sounds brilliant, love the guitars, the rhythm guitars and the lead work is just great. Lovely drum work too and vocals.
This is one of the best I've heard from you since I've been on here.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Geir

Excellent song

Very melodic and emotional.

Tho my inner alien left a long time ago I can relate to the lyrics. Well done
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Greeny

There's a great vibe to this. Reminds me a bit of Willie on the verses, with some 60's West Coast bands like America, CSNY and Gene Clarke on the chorus. All the musical elements are very strong - great drums, bass and guitar. But that extended solo that kicks in at 3:48 - outstanding. Fine stuff.