Peter, Do You Love Me?

Started by StephenM, September 02, 2021, 04:26:56 PM

StephenM

LANDR-Peter, Do You Love Me-Balanced-Medium
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I wrote this and recorded it a few weeks ago... I am anti religion.. antil suit and tie...anti elitist...and yet I love them too...so for me...this song is about the Alien I find living in me....that wants to explode...called the "Christ" or "The Word" or the "Logos"....the money makers have tried to bottle it...the antagonists have tried to silence it.....the haters, the doubters...and I have been in all those categories...
I care not...because I love the "Alien" and he loves me...and everyone...and that is what I want to be ...like the "Alien"

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

guitarron

I love my inner alien too.  This is real solid. The structure guitars and vocals are very pro sounding. Great job

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

BerryPatch

Absolutely awesome Stephen. I love the melancholy in this track, but at the same time it rocks. Kind of like Neil Young in that regard. Great lyricism here and an excellent guitar coda. This ones a definite winner.

Groundy

So well written and performed Stephen, really well done my friend... Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Ferryman_1957

I have no inner Alien of any kind but I enjoyed this track a lot ;) It's got a lovely feel and I love the way it builds, the echoey guitar towards the end is superb and I really like how it gradually fills out the last part of the song. There's some lovely vocals and harmonies in there.

One thing I particularly liked was the "feel" of the production. You've created a really good warm feel with all the instruments meshing together in a very coherent mix. I really like the way you played and recorded the drums - there's no harsh transients that make them stick out and they create a great feel for the track. Nice bass work too.

This is a really strong track, great work on everything.

Zoltan

I'll join the choir! This song has a great feel and the performances gel together in a natural manner. Good stuff! :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Blooby

Cool song with a tight arrangement. I like the layering of guitars going on here against that solid bass. Loving that outro solo.

Blooby

Bluesberry

G-d d-mn man this is stellar.....so very good Steve....absolutlely brilliant.....I love the rhythm guitars...so tasty and groove-worthy.....Take everything said already....I agree 100% and then some....this song has the spook......well done man.....really well done....I really love this ....guitar solo is for the ages......one of your best for sure....an absolute hit...a smash...no more words from me....just listen and marvel at how good this is.....

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Pete C

Amazing ! Had to listen to this a few times on the bounce as I found it so addictive. Love the guitar work and the outro solo is brilliant. Great vocals too !
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Ray Brookes

I like the dark eerie vibe of this song and I guess we all have an alien inside us somewhere. Great lyrics, Stephen and that guitar solo is stellar.
Ray Brookes