This Place Our Home

Started by Ray Brookes, August 29, 2021, 11:46:29 PM

BerryPatch

wow, stunning man. The piano is sublime and the lyrics really cut through. Sometime piano and vocals are all you need. Wonderful!

maxit

Fantastic ! Some moves in the harmony remember me of the Joni Mitchell piano style, cool!
recorder
Audacity

TPB

Very nice brother loved it
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Greeny

Absolutely masterful storytelling and deep emotional impact. Reminds me a bit of 'A Salty Dog' by Procul Harum (a personal fave). That chord change on 'this place'... oh man - that really gets me. Sublime songwriting and performance. It doesn't really get better than this.

SteveB

To take a piano and vocal and be able to weave them into a melancholic structure which both gets the foot-tapping and the mind questioning is some achievement. Mr Brookes, sir, you've succeeded in achieving both with this listener. You are a talented man. Please continue.  8) 8)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Johnbee

I love your ballads, like I love everything from you.

:) John B.

tonyc

another cracker ray . as always from the heart . superb lyrics and piano playing , great listen loved it . cheers argh kid ......tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16