Charlie is dead

Started by thetworegs, August 25, 2021, 06:12:35 PM

thetworegs

Charlie is dead
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I had the privlege of seeing the stones in 1981 at the old wembley stadium and got right down to the front it was a cracking concert and i understood how they had stood the test of time, i thought hey were getting on then but it was one of he best concerts i've ever been too. Mick Jaggers energy Keiths coolness Bills laid back motionless apart from the tap of a foot and charlies concentrated face throughout and woodys fun a memorable day . Anyway i don't know if its the painkillers i'm on for my back but i can't make my mind if it works or its shite ....i've tried to do a psychedelic blues backer..see how many songs you can count in the lyrics ...Thanks for listening
Theres no satisfaction
The sky is painted black
Dead flowers adorn the roadside 
As the newspapers are read
Theres no sympathy from the devil
Angies sheds her tears
No longer ruby's Tuesday
its now forever Charlie's instead
Time waits for no one
We'll miss you now your gone
Walking the moonlight mile
Alone all down the line
The love is strong
For our prodigal son
The TV said
Charlie is dead
Charlie is dead
Charlie is dead

Love is in vain
when the whip comes down
He was just out of time
Cause Life is a bitch
Don't Cry to me
Cause theres no emotional rescue
The world will carry on going round and a round
Its the hand of fate
The jigsaw puzzle
with a heart of stone without the love of a good time women
The newspapers are read
That Charlie's dead
The TV said
Charlie is dead
Charlie is dead
Charlie is dead

The music they made
will not fade away
No it won't fade away
They say its only rock n roll
Anyway you look at it
he got his kicks on route 66
He had it all
He had the fancy man blues dressed through and through
Now he's slipped away and the good times are gone
Is it now time for the rolling stone to stop and finally gather that moss

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Zoltan

Futuristic swamp rock straight from heaven! I'm no expert on Rolling Stones, but i managed to count 16 song titles (and might have imagined at least one ;) i'm sure there's more.

This is a strange and fascinating song at the sametime. There's a kind of "out of this world" vibe to it all. Kinda fitting considering the theme... I'm not sure if Charlie ever got this deep down the rabbit hole in the psychedelic territory though :)

As an aside. I've been on a Charlie roll for a while now as there's a model in Jamstix that has feel / fills based on Charlies drumming technique. I've used that model because it's straightforward and doesn't overplay, or push the beat too much. The Bonham model is giving grief with all the early kick drums... Charlies more to the point!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Groundy

Nice one pal, some stones tunes menrioned here... Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

StephenM

first off...forgettng about what the song is about...it's sounds great...that opening drum dump and guitar is great...
and your vocals sound a bit different...like it though
I acknowledge the RS greatness and RIP Mr.  Watts...I loved about 5 songs of the band...I couldn't name anymore...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ray Brookes

Nicely done, Trev putting all those song titles together. I always thought CW was a bit under-rated as a drummer and he always looked as cool as a shit-house rat. I remember the very first time the Stones appeared on UK TV back in the early '60's. Totally outrageous and our parents were horrified. 
Ray Brookes

Greeny

Great tribute. Love the dark, hypnotic (whacked-out) groove of it and the clever weaving of the song titles into the lyric. Fine stuff.

He was so very cool. Like he was above all the posturing shit of Mick and the debauchery of Keith.

Farrell Jackson

A fitting tribute to Charlie, Trevor. The lyrics are clever in the way you've incorporated all those Stones song titles.
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

chapperz66

Great tribute Trev!  I lost count, but then there are a load to choose from.  Sadly never seen the Stones.

Ferryman_1957

Very cool. It took me a little while to get into the groove, but once I did I think it worked really well. Quite hypnotic and lyrically very clever.

A great tribute. I only saw the Stones once, but that was at Knebworth in 76 and that was quite some performance.