Main Menu

Company Man

Started by Mike_S, August 23, 2021, 10:21:16 AM

Jean Pierre

Quotewith a Knopfler kinda vibe in that vocal.

Quote.vocally,I heard Mark Knopfler immediately.

...and me too, for the guitar power chord like in...I don't remember the title..

Anyway, excellent
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Zoltan

I'll join the choir: There's a touch of Knopfler and a hint of Lou Reed. The guitar playing is more rocking than Knopfler, and less slapdash than Lou Reeds (own playing).
Cool vibe and great soloing! The satirical lyrics and understated vocal delivery are reminiscent of Money for Nothing.

Good stuff! This one goes to my playlist :)!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Greeny

Dire Straits with some attitude and welly. What a fabulous rocker. Killer riff, and the chorus is total ear candy. That's a superb solo too - playing / technique wise and the way it sits in the mix. The whole thing oozes confidence and swagger. Love it.

SE

Back for another listen, love in the rock!
recorder
Boss BR-80

StephenM

unashamed to admit... i friggin love this Irish rocker right here....!!!!
if there exists a better rocker from the emerald isle then i haven't heard them....but gol dang this thing just blows the doors down...I saw the bump and had to swoop in and I just kept grabbing the volume faders,,,,pushing...up....up...up.....
that is rock as it should be...I am shaking my head...it
s  so bloody good....soooooooooooooobloooooooooddddyyyyyyygooooooooddddddd!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Hook

Badass brother, you could definitely crank the bass some. Drum and bass in the mix were always hard for me. Recently I started placing them more prevalent in the mix and have been very please. Cool song.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

chapperz66

What a great rocking and raunching song, Mike.  I just love this.  Fantastic guitar tone and not too bassy as far as I'm concerned.

Paul