Another Frantic Friday (w Darren G on keyboards)

Started by StephenM, August 20, 2021, 06:47:55 AM

StephenM

LANDR-ANOTHER FRANTIC FRIDAY (steve and daren)-Balanced-Medium
Time:
0:00
Volume:
It was one year ago today that I posted my first song on SC!  I had been searching for answers on problems with my hard drive on the BR1600 and found this site...I had no idea that over the next months my songwriting and recording was going to be transformed radically.  I played guitar and bass incessitantly and had written a few songs and recorded on the BR1600...and the Zoom R24..but after listening on here and reading so many great recording ideas I was inspired and have posted over 80 songs now.

I will indulge myself once more...this is somewhat similar to my first post called "Frantic Friday" a very energetic instrumental..  https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?topic=29876.msg354157#msg354157

This is also a fast paced instrumental

DARREN G ON KEYBOARDS  (thanks a ton D!)

I had a devil of a time with the lead on this until I just said F this and quit trying to be a lead guitarist and just dang played it...then I liked it....  lots of tidbits of recording tricks used here that I learned on SC

once again thanks to everyone on the site who has taken the time to listen and or comment and for all your comments on recording...they are being put to use... and thanks to the ones behind the scenes who keep the site going..

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

guitarron

Damn Stephen. You're really killing it on this!  This rocks hard. Sounds like it would be a good track for some frantic vocals. It cut out for me at the end, but I'm pretty sure it was because of my iPad.

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Groundy

What a great sound Stephen, you are a fantastic musician.
Well done... To you and Darren..... Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Ray Brookes

Oh yeah, what a great rocking track this is and the excellent musicianship is evident. Great collab, guys; well done to you both.
Ray Brookes

Lurker

Now there's a wicked rocker. Yes, you just dang played it so well. Love the tone on that guitar.

hardlock

You're killing it on this rocker! Bad ass as it comes! Even the "I can't end it yet" ending! - Oh how I remember those days! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Hook

Very cool brother, 80 tunes!! Rock on with your badass self. This is great, your lead is fabulous,  stick with your system.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Vanncad

Way to let 'r rip Steve and Darren. I thought maybe Deep Purple got back together for a minute - lol! Bet it felt good to get that out of your systems.
Well done guys!
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Mike_S

That's how you do it. No bull, just plug in and Bam!

Yeah this sure rocks. So that free spirited lead guitar work really takes off. It's good to hear you let the chains off and just played what your heart wanted to do. Some cracking playing in there all the same, that track does literally soar. And Darren has beefed the sound up with those keys. It's a great sound he is getting. Super work lads.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Hi stephen, this was such a cool song you created, it was great to add to it. Even if it didn't really need any keys added to it as it was just great as it was. You've got some got some smoking guitars on this.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.