The Cat That Got The Cream by Oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, August 19, 2021, 10:01:44 AM

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

This has a really nice feel to it. i like the spacey feel of those guitars, yes its very dreamlike. Really nice vocals and lyrics though, great production.
Darren
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

StephenM

Quote from: BerryPatch on August 23, 2021, 10:59:19 AMI love the melancholic, mantraesque quality to the track (not to sound too wordy and pretentious ;)). Even though the music is so dreamy, the hopeful lyrics keep the track firmly planted to the ground. Excellent track James.

if you can use a word like that in a sentence and know what it means...good on ya mate!  that is not pretentious...I will have to look that up..

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

maxit

I agree with Nigel, there's a dreamy ORH signature ... I love this one particularly, because it gave me one more 'quality' name I was searching for your songs, and that's SOUL, it's classic soul to me. Fantastic, get the rust off!
recorder
Audacity

Redler

This is my 10 000th message and what would be the better 'place' to drop it than on your song. I appreciate your as musican, lyric writer and what ever with over 30 collabs with me. I hope there's more to come.

You've created very dreamy music, again! Should I say ethereal? I'm loving the atmosphere of this.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Sounds like an ORH classic to me. Melodic, dreamy and a superb lyric. Some awesome production too - everything sitting just right and drawing the listener into its blissful little world. So lovely.

Geir

Stunning my friend.

This shows what a great voice you have.

The music tho simple is very capturing. It drags you in and holds you there and makes you want more when the song comes to an end.

BRAW!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Farrell Jackson

This song has feeling and atmosphere in abundance! A cool title and hook "The Cat That Got The Cream". Nicely done ORH!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?