Long Hot Summers

Started by Mike_S, August 16, 2021, 02:18:23 AM

thetworegs

Sounds great Mike love the stutter on the guitar great vocal well produced track throughly enjoyed

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Hook

Dude, this is a really great song. Don't know any Thin Lizzie but if its like this I got to check them out. Look out used record store, I'm coming.
Perfectly put together,  we'll done .
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

maxit

recorder
Audacity

Ray Brookes

Great track, Mike and the guitar work is stellar. First I heard of Thin Lizzy was the cover they did of the famous Irish folk song 'Whisky In The Jar' back in the early 70's and I became a fan straight away. Always loved that twin guitar sound which you've captured perfectly here.
Ray Brookes

Pru

I don't know thin lizzy's music so I'll have to check them out. my dad says they were one of the best bands in the 1970s. this is a fantastic rocking track Mike and those guitars in harmony like that are awesome!!!

Zoltan

Incredible! :) The guitars are pure Thin Lizzy (like everybody... including the songwriter himself has said :)), but what really surprised me were the Phil Lynott sounding vocals.
The songwriting is also very much in the vein of Thin Lizzy. Especially the later albums. Cool stuff!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

You're a great guitarist mike and this song sounds a lot like thin Lizzy. Awesome song, well done.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

TPB

Well I listened the other day and could have sworn I commented (don't let the old man in) anyway I am glad I came back for another listen and glad I noticed this is one fine song and production well done brother now I would have to ask for more
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

guitarron

Nice summer tune. Like that thin lizzy lead. Nice work

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Lurker

What a fun song! You had me with the intro. The lyrics and vocals took me deeper into memories of younger days. I could hear this on the radio hanging with my friends on the beach.