Mother's Jewelry Box

Started by StephenM, August 13, 2021, 02:48:58 PM

Pete C

Nice instrumental ! Must be good to have someone at home to jam with - my wife and son don't play any instruments  :(
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Mike_S

Being big into instrumentals I find this just awesome brother. So good. Those sound choices are brilliant and give so much character. A mention for the bass on here... it's brilliant. You are lucky Markus is happy to sit in and play with you, my daughter plays guitar but won't join her old man in a jamming session :(

Anyways this is really good.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Johnbee

Are you double speeding that one lead guitar or are you just playing it that high on the fret board?
Either way, you and Markus did a great job on this.

:) John B

StephenM

Quote from: Johnbee on August 16, 2021, 06:06:56 PMAre you double speeding that one lead guitar or are you just playing it that high on the fret board?
Either way, you and Markus did a great job on this.

:) John B
i think it's the chorus effect but yeah... I was pretty high on the board

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Hook

Very nice brother, nothing is better than making music with your kids.sounds really great.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Geir

Very nice and soothing piece of music !

Well done
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

StephenM

acoustic lead with studio reverb
Time:
0:00
Volume:
First off...thanks to everyone who listened and commented...means a lot..
second since I had a number of quiestions about the guitar sounds I figured I would break it down a bit...here is a short segment of acoustic lead 1 with reverb on it...my son says they sound oriental maybe...I could agree...I think I really  like the possibilities I am finding with the acoustic guitar..
when I record leads i almost never listen to the first lead while playing the second or third... I find this gives me interesting "takes" that make it fun to mix later.  I also recorded these with the Zoom R24 on board condenser mics which are about 1 foot apart so it a stereo track...I try to hold the guitar hole somewhere close to the middle and just above the mics.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

StephenM

other acoustic lead with chorus
Time:
0:00
Volume:
here is one with the chorus on it...these are bandlab software effects...added during the mix process..

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

Mach

Just a cool vibe from the beginning. Hope it goes well in your quest with the mix process.

Mach
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Groundy

Nkce one Stephen, I bought my daughter a keyboard but she did not have a lot of interest thats how i learnt  to play,
Well done.... Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs