Mother's Jewelry Box

Started by StephenM, August 13, 2021, 02:48:58 PM

StephenM

LANDR-Mother's Jewelry Box-Balanced-High
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This one is very special to me because Markus, our 16 year old son is getting to be a fine keyboardist (on his own...no instruction...other than the internet and practice on his own, and largely no prodding from me or his mom...he totally is against that).
the other day he sat down and I picked up the acoustic and we sort of messed around...didn't record...then a few days later I got on the drums and him at keys...we recorded a short 1:24 piece that I figured out how to digitally splice after adding 3 acoustic guitar tracks (one with chorus, one with reverb, one clean), a Shecter bass with a smidge of dirty, and a drums track off the Alesis Nitro...

Remember when you opened a music box?  This reminded me of that.
I should mention...recorded on the BR1600 (so much better for drums etc...than the zoom), mixed on Bandlab...mastered balanced high at LANDR

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Kenneth

Nicely done!
Just chilling out here with a cold Sleemans and that's the perfect chill tune today. Glad the music is shared in your house, that's huge. Tell him it's good from here! Quality work Steve.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Ray Brookes

Nice track and it's great you can create music with your son like that, Stephen. Cool production and love the sound of those guitars.
Ray Brookes

guitarron

Nice sounding groove. Almost a U2 thing going on. This would take nicely to some vocals. It's great that you can do this with your son. My girls are artists, but not interested in being musicians.  I sure did try to though. Lol

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Zoltan

Very interesting track! Melodic and moody. The sounds really bring the music box to mind. For me this sounds like an instrumental soundtrack track. The instrumentation works great together. Tell Markus that he's doing a great job :) And tap yourself on the back too!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Nelson

A mighty tasty piece of work.
Digging that bass and the perfect play and spacing of the guitars.
The soundscape really feels full but not cluttered.
Cool to be sharing such experiences with your son, eh.
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

bruno

Making music with your children is very special, and a lot of fun. I've not got Mazz to sing for a while, she's now busy with our grandson - but this is a prompt for me to get her to sing on a tune or two. :-)
Magic tune.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Another really good instrumental from you Steve. The music is sounding really good and its good you are making songs with your son. He sounds very accomplished on the keyboard.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Blooby

Very cool collection of timbres that transport you. I hope you take this one further.

Blooby

Ferryman_1957

I'd like a music box like this! Very nice instrumental, I really liked the way the bass and drums anchored the keyboard part and the acoustic parts work really well with the keys. Great work you two, we'll definitely take more like this.