The sunshine is out

Started by thetworegs, August 06, 2021, 04:34:19 PM

thetworegs

The sunshines out 1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Summer2021 (banner image missing)

well i was studying my book on Logicx and got to page 20 in navigating the project which tells you how to fit loops together so i fitted the drums and bass to together and then plugged in the new keyboard and a bit of lead from Les and i was away ...a new genre a bit of Dance music for summer so get those dancing shoes on .....Thanks for listening...... a rather muddy mix, my only excuse is i haven't reached that page in the book yet

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Mach

Oh yeah I dig the hell outta this Trevor. Those horns are sooo cool with that Funky R&B 70's cop show vibe. The Bass just holds the whole thing together, great funky guitar riffs and that powerful piano brings it soaring into another level. Great vocals too Man!

What a frekkin' groove!!

Mach
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

des0free

Cool groove and great sounds from the new equipment!   I also know the feeling of satisfaction when I figure out new capabilities of the technology I'm using!
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Redler

A toe tapper funky song! Sounds almost to a funk big band. Massive stuff!!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

StephenM

toe tapping, finger wagging, chair dancing, get up and move, get up and groove goodness here Trev...

reminds me of something the great Peter Gabriel would do...

love the little single note keys...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

hardlock

Great funk tune going on there. Nice and tight!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Zoltan

There's a lot of repetition going on, but somehow it all works! I guess it's down to the energy and they way you're playing. There's a grinding bassline behind all the action that's also quite cool on its own. If i were to develop this further i'd play with the arrangement a bit. Bringing things in and out more. The mix would probably sound cleaner with slight low pass filtering on those guitar + brass tracks. Not that i've reached those pages in the book either :) You're feeling it, and it comes thru to the listener also. Good times!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Bluesberry

sounds good man...that bass is so delicious

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

BerryPatch

So frigging cool man. Sounds a bit like a lost Can or Yoko Ono track (a less screamy one). That groove is cool as ice and I love the all the improv you added in on top. That bass, as others have pointed out, miraculously glues everything together...

Ferryman_1957

That's a pretty cool groove and there's some nice fruity sounds going on in there. Really enjoyable track, I just let it loop round and round for a few times and it really worked for me. I like this kind of stuff, so I'll take some more.... :D