I Bet My Money On Horses (Warning... dirty language)

Started by Zoltan, August 06, 2021, 01:58:14 PM

Zoltan

I Bet My Money On Horses
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here's a song that's been stressing me out for a long time. It was written on a spur of a moment and it's originally an acoustic song. Today i tried to revisit it with the help of Dod Carcosa Fuzz pedal, and turned it into something else. My vocals don't really fit with any distorted tracks, but there's still a scratch track for your (dis)pleasure :)

This is quite the ear sore as i tried to "fix it in the mix". Probably better to keep it as an acoustic song. Still i think the second halfs of the verses and the choruses are somewhat catchy. That's the reason i haven't been able to forget this one.

I BET MY MONEY ON HORSES

V 1-2
I sold my soul to the highest bidder
I treat all the people like the trash they are
The money that i made
That i was able to pay
All those diamond rings and furs you're
wearing now

When i said i won in the lottery
I just gambled my money on horses and shit
Little people don't bother me
I can always stomp them on my feet
And all those diamond rings that
you're wearing now

CH:
Sell sell sell
I'm sitting in my prison cell
Hungary is far away from here
Pay pay pay
The system makes me pay
I'm slipping on a soap tonight
Again, Again, Again...

V3
I lost my money and
crashed our living
I got back when i cried out help from mom
All those software i made
I was able to pay
With all those fancy greenbacks
that my father gave

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Hilary

This a great - a catchy riff and some fantastic lyrics.

"I'm slipping on a soap tonight
Again, Again, Again..."

I'd love to hear the acoustic version.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

des0free

Although it isn't the style of music I normally listen to, I think this re-interpretation of the song actually fits well.

It sounds like there may be some EQ optimization that could be tried.  FWIW: I have been developing my own home-made software for mixing/mastering (see: https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?topic=31453.0), and wonder if I could have a shot at trying it on your tracks?  I would probably learn something interesting by trying to process your tracks that are different in character than my own, and maybe it would output something interesting.  You would have to let me access the WAV files for each individual track via a cloud drive.

recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Pru

great potential in this song and I love rock tracks like this! maybe your vocal could be louder or maybe equalised better in the mix, not sure. love the lyrics.

StephenM

Dirty language? 

I love trashy rock like this...it reminds me of something the great Joan Jett would write...and you covered it..

I am with Hilary, some very catchy lyrics...won't ask about what happened with the soap.

it certainly could always be a better recording but once I got the volume knob up a bit it rocked like a barn full of stallions just after the fence opened up to their freedom...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ray Brookes

Good solid rock and great lyrics, Zoltan. I agree with Pru that the vocal track needs to be up in the mix; what do you record your vocals with?
Ray Brookes

Bluesberry

I like this a lot.....I think it works really well in this rocking format....bring some juice to the vocals and it works

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

This one really rocks, I think it works well as a rocker. It definitely needs more vocals, and there's quite a lot of top end on the guitar. But there's real potential here....

I love the Carcosa pedal. I sold mine, big mistake.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR